A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has been making this odd noise since I got it. It usually starts around 40-45 mph and it gets more quiet as I go faster. The noise only kicks in when I press on the pedal. Any advice

·
Super Moderator
6,206 Posts
What pedal, is probably the throttle body.

·
Registered
503 Posts
If it only makes the noise while your foot is on the pedal then its related to the engine driving rather than coasting.
Have you checked your power belt (alt, pwr steering, aircon comp, etc) and the tensioner ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
agree its engine related. do u hear anything if u stop and rev it up, or lettng idle? listen,with hood open and engine,running, parked obviously lol.
possible stuck PCV maybe? or something intake related. almost reminded of when volvo pcv boxes got stuck and you would hear engine vacuum through diptuck and oil cap.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
agree its engine related. do u hear anything if u stop and rev it up, or lettng idle? listen,with hood open and engine,running, parked obviously lol.
possible stuck PCV maybe? or something intake related. almost reminded of when volvo pcv boxes got stuck and you would hear engine vacuum through diptuck and oil cap.
the noise only comes out when driving

1 - 9 of 9 Posts