A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Alright, we got some progress on this build! My friend from the machine shop came by and finished up the short block (see post #5). We will be installing the heads next time he comes by, which will more than likely be after New Years. I will be running the VQ35HR Cometic head gaskets. Here's the mod the machine shop did on the block to accept the newer style gasket. MotoIQ covered this in their VQ build:

Automotive tire Bicycle part Automotive design Rim Nickel

Bicycle part Automotive tire Gas Machine Engineering

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
With the shortblock assembled, I was finally able to order the headgaskets. I went with the standard thickness (0.030") Cometic VQ35/37HR gaskets. The 1000cc Bosch injectors also came in the same day. I also got an update from Turbobay about my Greddy turbos I sent out to get rebuilt & upgraded. He said that they should finished by end of next week :D

Brown Rectangle Wood Shipping box Packing materials

·
Registered
593 Posts
I also got an update from Turbobay about my Greddy turbos I sent out to get rebuilt & upgraded. He said that they should finished by end of next week :D
LOL. I've heard that before. i've been waiting on a turbo from him for a year now.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
LOL. I've heard that before. i've been waiting on a turbo from him for a year now.
A full year? C'mon. Did you pay already? What did you send out to him to get done?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Compressor wheel upgrade to test for a sentra/juke.

paid in full, core provided ($800 turbo from LKQ).

The guy i was making the turbo for actually showed up at his shop to demand answers for the delay. 4 months ago. Still no turbo.

I used to sell his mr16 turbos. But it was taking him unrealistic amounts of time to get them to me. It was like throwing money away.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Compressor wheel upgrade to test for a sentra/juke.

paid in full, core provided ($800 turbo from LKQ).

The guy i was making the turbo for actually showed up at his shop to demand answers for the delay. 4 months ago. Still no turbo.

I used to sell his mr16 turbos. But it was taking him unrealistic amounts of time to get them to me. It was like throwing money away.
Geez. I too paid in full, and through PayPal.

If I don't see them in my hands by March at the latest, I'll file a dispute with PP to get him moving.

The guy does seem passionate about his work, maybe he's just biting off more than he can chew and gets in these predicaments.

We'll see how it goes with mine....

21 - 26 of 26 Posts