A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new here!.. I recently picked up a 2003 Sentra with the 1.8. I bought the car for cheap because it wouldn't fire.. would crank fine but wouldn't fire. The person I bought it from said that the ecu went out, so he replaced it with a used one from eBay. So I took the car to the Nissan dealership thinking the ecu needed to be programmed after I checked over everything else. Nissan charged me $165 just to tell me the ecu is not the right one for my car and there computer couldn't connect to it. I also had a locksmith take a look to try and program a key to the ecu, there computer (s) would not connect past the immobilizer.. so I'm assuming the ecu is shot and or just not the right one. I was quoted $900 for a new ecu from Nissan and I'm not going that route.. I've checked my local junk yards for an ecu with no luck except from other year Sentras. My big question is what ECU'S are compatible with my car?.. I don't have the original ecu but I have a picture of it with the model numbers and all. I'd really like to get this going quick without spending a ton on a OEM ecu.. any tips?.. I'm completely new to the Sentra world. Thank you guys.
And yes I have used the search method.. I haven't found much. I also posted a picture of my stock ecu.

Attachments

·
6,560 Posts
You will have to breakdown the actual vin coding along with the options the car have. Cruise, at vs mt, as well as cal vs fed emissions. You will have to match all of that for the next MY. Unfortunately, there were a lot of combination for the 1.8 and not too many people that we were unable to catalog which is which. Unlike the 1.8’s the spec v models only had 10 different ecus, 2 for each year, so it was easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
The ECU is one of those things you gotta buy new and Dealership for the b15. unless you can pin point the exact ECU interchange.
Sorry ECU is a bitch on these cars. Once it fried or done

1 - 3 of 3 Posts