A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
If Im not mistaken, 07+ has a hydraulic water pump....also a 02-06 tranny would have to be used. ecu and wiring would be slightly different and at least 1 mount would be custom. So Id like to see this accomplishment.....personally I call bs, he just swapped internals over.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wasn't sure where the best place to post this would be since I'm not on Forums much. I have an 04 spec V that I had an accident in, right after i had the precat replaced (the engine was still good so I did it right away). I have the option to buy another one, and swap the engines and exhaust. I wanted to know how hard this is to do, or what's involved, etc. Like I said my engine is in perfect order, and the new spec V is cosmetically perfect, it just has the engine knock. Thanks for reading this, and I apologize for being long-winded. Just stressed about the car.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I was told you cant swap an 07+ spec V QR into a B15...is this true? and does the 07+ spec v valve train and cams fit in a 02-06 spec-v QR? I know pistons and rods do. the reason im asking is because if the valve train can swap over, then why not, swap out bottom end internals, and top end internals and raise the redline to 7K? the pistons will give you that 10:1 compression ratio, and you'll have 200hp all day on a (in a way) "stock" motor

·
Registered
16 Posts
Okay, I just replaced my motor in my 2002 Spec V, i used a 2007 QR25 out of a 07 altima, the only thing that is different is the front motor mount ( the one on the timing cover side ) they are interchangeable, just use your old motor mount. the 07+ QR's have better cams, and a higher compression and will push you about 200 HP i have done a few upgrades to mine and im getting 350+ WHP on the dyno. its a pretty easy swap too
So the spec v 2002 6 speed tranny matched up with the 07 qr altima? I've been trying to find out if this would work or not

·
Registered
4 Posts
Okay, I just replaced my motor in my 2002 Spec V, i used a 2007 QR25 out of a 07 altima, the only thing that is different is the front motor mount ( the one on the timing cover side ) they are interchangeable, just use your old motor mount. the 07+ QR's have better cams, and a higher compression and will push you about 200 HP i have done a few upgrades to mine and im getting 350+ WHP on the dyno. its a pretty easy swap too
Did you use the same ECU and how about the wiring, was that the same too? Thinking of putting at 07 QR into my 06 spec V.

·
6,668 Posts
Did you use the same ECU and how about the wiring, was that the same too? Thinking of putting at 07 QR into my 06 spec V.
You CAN use the same ecu and everything, but you will need to get a signal inverter for the crank/cam sensors which can be purchased through nisformance. Other than the mounts, crossmember and exhaust routing, that's all you need really.

Also depends on what version of the 07+ QR you're using if you can use the full potential because there are different versions and the only real engine that's worth swapping is the 07-12 Spec V off a b16 sentra. Everything else is meh unless you're in a pinch and you need a cheap engine which most of the altimas and rogue ones are.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You CAN use the same ecu and everything, but you will need to get a signal inverter for the crank/cam sensors which can be purchased through nisformance. Other than the mounts, crossmember and exhaust routing, that's all you need really.

Also depends on what version of the 07+ QR you're using if you can use the full potential because there are different versions and the only real engine that's worth swapping is the 07-12 Spec V off a b16 sentra. Everything else is meh unless you're in a pinch and you need a cheap engine which most of the altimas and rogue ones are.
I want an 07+ spec V QR but i haven't been able to find one. I guess I'll have to go to L.A. to get one. I appreciate the feed back bud.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts