A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I have an ‘03 Sentra SE-R Spec V with 245,000kms on it and it runs pretty well. I burn about 1 litre of oil every 800km’s, so about 5 or 6 litres between changes. Love the car, super peppy and handles like a champ. Thought I’d join the forum to learn a couple things, I sure damn wish I had known about this forum when I replaced my cam and crank sensors... that was not a fun job haha.

I do have a couple questions regarding an engine rebuild but I will create another posting for that. I’m near Vancouver in British Columbia, Canada, and I drive a stock red spec v, if you see me give me a wave!

I look forward to endless amounts of knowledge on this forum. Enjoy!

Travis

·
Registered
8,841 Posts
Welcome. If you haven't already get rid of the stock header with precat and also check your butterfly screws.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Kazspec04!

I do plan to remove my precat and check my butterfly valves in the summer when I pull the engine to do a rebuild. I have read in some places that you can get away without purchasing headers by scraping the inside walls of the catalytic converter to remove all the debris. When doing this, does a SES light come on? If so, would headers prevent an SES light?

I am a student and picked the car up for cheap from an old guy a couple years ago so I would rather not dump huge sums of money into it if I don’t necessarily have to.

When I rebuild it will be a stock rebuild with no performance parts at this point in time (although I could be convinced!).

Travis

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome thank you! I was talking with some of my dads friends that were into building hot rods back in the day. They’re saying that my block should be sleeved. Can I get away with a .20 over bore with the sleeves or do I need to pull the old sleeves out and put new ones in?

·
Super Moderator
5,230 Posts
There is no need to go .20 over, .10 will be fine unless the bore is already at 89.5mm.

You do not need sleeves for the rebuild unless you want to do something major for your out put.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks again for your guys’ help! I will do some more research and see what I can come up with. Not too sure on the actual measurement of the bore right now as it’s still in the car but when I pull it out I’ll be sure to upload measurements and pics if possible.

I’ve got some reading to do now!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts