A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
so you get any answers to your sounds? It sound similar to mine. I just moved from NAshville, if I had seen this sooner I woulda tried to see if we could help each other

·
Registered
58 Posts
hey i had the same sound in my 03 i change the timing chain the oil pump and the chain tensoner and i didnt take off the sound in the end i found out the it was the rods bearings i change them and the sound went out. to bad that after three day i blow my engine because of bearings hehe but like i said it can be just the chain tensioner i hope this helps my sounds every time i hit like 2000 rpms

·
Registered
528 Posts
It sounds a lot like what I had going on with my car. I thought it was a bad timing chain tensioner (or chain slap) and it turned out to be a spun rod bearing. Now I'm in the middle of a rebuild, and ended up with my rods 7/1000ths out of round and my crank bent so the machine shop straightened it and turned the mains down .020. It's one of those things that only gets louder when you get on the gas right? Like it sounds/runs decent under 2500rpms but as soon as you get close, it starts knocking? If that's the case, you are probably another victim of rod bearing failure lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts