A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a built QR25 from a destroyed 04 Spec v and have found a very nice 03 Spec v chassis to install this motor in. I have the engine harness, ECM, accelerator pedal , cluster and even the main harness to plug right in.
What the wiring changes will have to be made to do this conversion. Anyone have a wiring diagram with theses changes? Im thinking some power at fuse box and possibly at connectors on driver side shock tower. I saw someone had a thread on here years ago but the link was missing. Thanks in advance for reading and any help you might have.

·
Administrator
6,990 Posts
There are key differences in the harnesses and some can't be "pin swapped" as some don't have an equivalent from one to another. The other issue is the CAN BUS when it comes to the harnesses. Either swap all the harnesses from one to another if you have the time or use a patch harness which allows you to use the 04/05 ecu with the 02/03 harness;only patch harness I am aware of is for the use of the 06 ecu.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
You pretty much need to swap the dash harness as well if not using a patch harness.

Reactions: Tritton

·
Administrator
6,990 Posts
That's what I meant by all harnesses but guess I wasn't that clear.

This would include the gauge cluster, pedal and other things plugged into the harness in the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm actually going through a similar issue swapping a 2004 2.5ser into a 2004 1.8s have both vehicles here but when we switched the dash harness over the plugs for the driver door don't match??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts