A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no clue how to tune and need help. I want to get a tunable ecu for my altima without having a stand-alone and having to make buttons for my fuel pump, ignition and accessories. What i’m hoping for is everything electrical performs stock as far as accessories.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have no clue how to tune and need help. I want to get a tunable ecu for my altima without having a stand-alone and having to make buttons for my fuel pump, ignition and accessories. What i’m hoping for is everything electrical performs stock as far as accessories.
What kind of mods are you trying to tune for? Uprev is a pretty powerful reflash program that is very capable in the right hands. Stand alone is not necessary unless your talking about some crazy build that's over 500whp. Not that it's not possible to tune that with it uprev. It's just at that point you will want a engine management that's designed for such a task. Something more than a reflash program that's limited by the original tables. The stock ECM once calibrated properly works very well but of course has it's limitations. The ecm was intended for a use as a family car. Not a 5-600 whp race car lol.

Feel free to pm me with any questions you may have. Been tuning these cars for over 6 years mostly remote threw email utilizing uprev. Turbo, high compression cammed na, high compression turbo, VQ swapped, i have plenty of experience with this platform and am always willing to help anyone out.

·
Registered
293 Posts
What kind of mods are you trying to tune for? Uprev is a pretty powerful reflash program that is very capable in the right hands. Stand alone is not necessary unless your talking about some crazy build that's over 500whp. Not that it's not possible to tune that with it uprev. It's just at that point you will want a engine management that's designed for such a task. Something more than a reflash program that's limited by the original tables. The stock ECM once calibrated properly works very well but of course has it's limitations. The ecm was intended for a use as a family car. Not a 5-600 whp race car lol.

Feel free to pm me with any questions you may have. Been tuning these cars for over 6 years mostly remote threw email utilizing uprev. Turbo, high compression cammed na, high compression turbo, VQ swapped, i have plenty of experience with this platform and am always willing to help anyone out.
I will probably be messaging you soon once I get my car back together all the way haha.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

What I want to do is run an ebay turbo kit on stock internals and run 8lbs of boost. I don’t want any crazy numbers I just want around 225-275whp to have more fun on the stock motor. Other than the turbo kit I wanna run 2j billet cams and 2j high lift springs so I can get higher rpm’s. I don’t wanna do anything crazy just a little more power while not blowing the motor. How much do you think it would be to reflash the ecu and what tools would I need like computer and program wise.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Sorry for bringing up such an old post but looking for help in this area of the nissan platform I'm very new to these forums and how they work so please bare with me Jordan 🍻

1 - 6 of 6 Posts