A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the car went threw a big puddle and died about 5 feet from the water , it will attempt to start but never do so , not even with starter fluid and I can’t check codes because it’s been dead long enough it doesn’t have them stored anymore and I’ve checked all the basics on why it won’t start and am at a loss . Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
If you have a cold air intake, it hydrolocked. Instant death.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Its hydrolocked. Let it sit. For a while, it might be salvageable. While its sitting, change spark plugs, coils, have the starter checked for conductivity. Change oil drain and refill. Maybe swap out the battery. If the cone intake is wet, remove clean or replace. Check ur maf, and throttle body, the maf is very temperamental its possible dirty water hit it and shorted if yr lucky. You can replace the spark plugs and inspect if water is the the cylinder.

I kinda had the same problem. I drove on the fwy during a heavy cell and my cai isucked water. Thankfully i was driving like a granny and my intake sleeve saved me, but the intake was drenched

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
I still think water entry was the problem. It didnt just happen to die 5 feet from the said standing water. Agreed have to make sure there is fuel and spark. Closely check plugs. If good, do a compression check. Those simple checks should indicate the problem.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts