A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 nissan se-r spec-v. it lacks power under 3000rpm and has a hard start issue. I have checked the codes and they are p0335 and p0031. when i go into the engine data. it says the timing advance is at 56 degrees at idle. i have hooked up my snap-on solus using 13.4 version software, a bluetooth scanner and an auto x-ray. all read the same codes and same timing. the car idles at 700 rpms. i have tired searching for idea to check but nothing yet. Any ideas or direction to go in would help. i did pull the cam sensor out and it is a plastic sensor. i have seen where they have issues. should i get oem cam and crank sensors and try those. the car has 206000 miles on it. compression was 173 to 178 on every cylinder.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 2006 nissan se-r spec-v. it lacks power under 3000rpm and has a hard start issue. I have checked the codes and they are p0335 and p0031. when i go into the engine data. it says the timing advance is at 56 degrees at idle. i have hooked up my snap-on solus using 13.4 version software, a bluetooth scanner and an auto x-ray. all read the same codes and same timing. the car idles at 700 rpms. i have tired searching for idea to check but nothing yet. Any ideas or direction to go in would help. i did pull the cam sensor out and it is a plastic sensor. i have seen where they have issues. should i get oem cam and crank sensors and try those. the car has 206000 miles on it. compression was 173 to 178 on every cylinder.
P0335 is crankshaft sensor
P0031 is upstream 02 sensor

Direct your energy in fixing P0335 first, it's failing prevent car from starting (hard start) and lack of power if car eventually start. It's notorious for hard start, if you don't fix it right away, one morning car wouldn't start at all. P0031 is upstream 02 sensor that plays major role in fuel delivery/gas mileage.
With this mileage on your; I think new sensors replacement will fix it but if not wiring should be expected.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update
i was digging through a box of parts collected over the years i found a sensor i had from when my wife had a spec-v and we put a used motor in it. i kept all the sensors i could off of it. It was the metal tip sensor. I put it on the car seems to be doing better. reset the codes and only thing that came back was the p0031 which i going to buy both o2 sensors on pay day. The hard start issue is gone and when i go into engine data now the timing advance at idle is about 7 to 12 degrees.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Update
i was digging through a box of parts collected over the years i found a sensor i had from when my wife had a spec-v and we put a used motor in it. i kept all the sensors i could off of it. It was the metal tip sensor. I put it on the car seems to be doing better. reset the codes and only thing that came back was the p0031 which i going to buy both o2 sensors on pay day. The hard start issue is gone and when i go into engine data now the timing advance at idle is about 7 to 12 degrees.
Great
To the next one then .....

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Nice I was thinking a stretched chain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts