A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I give up, how do you get the small bolts out of the reluctor wheel. I bought a set of impact torx plus drivers and a hand held impact driver. I heated the bolt heavy and gave it a try with the impact driver, nope won't budge. Those bolts aren't left hand threads are they? Any suggestions how to get them out short of drilling them?

·
Super Moderator
5,158 Posts
You talking about the wheel on the crank, if so we call that the signal plate and those are a PITA and it usually isn't worth it pulling as you are finding out as they are lock-tited in.

There is nothing special about removing them though, just need a whole lot of umph.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You talking about the wheel on the crank, if so we call that the signal plate and those are a PITA and it usually isn't worth it pulling as you are finding out as they are lock-tited in.

There is nothing special about removing them though, just need a whole lot of umph.
Thanks Cricki that is what I was afraid of, I put heat to it and use a hand held impact driver no luck, as matter fact one of them stripped out the head of the bolt using a T Torx plus driver, didn't hurt the driver though. Guess I will drill the blame things off and buy some more. Thanks again.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am back fighting the signal plate, as I found it is called. I have seen it called a signal plate, reluctor wheel, a crankshaft position sensor wheel. Anyway it is one pain as it was stated before. I had to remove it to put on the crankshaft I just bought. As it turns out it takes a special dowel pin of sorts. The hole in the crankshaft is round, the hole in the wheel is oblong so a special dowel will have to be used. If that wheel is off just a thousands or so, it will hit the crankshaft sensor and the car will not start. Does anyone know where I can buy one of these dowels. The dealer is out, they don't have a clue. I can not go any further rebuilding this engine until I resolve this problem. Any help on this will be more than greatly appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts