A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

2011 Nissan Sentra SR (CVT) Loses Electrical power

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  CrickiKaze 
#1 ·
The issue I have, my Nissan will, at times, lose electrical power while driving. The first time this happened I had it towed to the shop. They said that when they got the car that it just started right up. He checked for codes and got Mass Air Flow Sensor. Which he cleared and the code never came back. This issue has happened multiple times now and sometimes it will die for a few seconds and come back to life and other times it will die and I will be sitting on the side of the road for awhile. Now, every time it dies, no power everywhere EXCEPT the sound for the hazards (hazard lights and the light indicator on the cluster do not come on) and the Security Indicator Light on the cluster will blink. The normal blinking rate. So far no one can figure out what is wrong. Now, the battery is brand new(4 months old) all fuses are still good and the battery leads and connectors are clean and tight. I don't have a key fob just the key itself. Could the key need to be replaced?
Finger Hand tool Cable Fashion accessory Wire

See less See more
#2 ·
Pull the alternator and get it bench tested at a parts store, and if you can, check voltage after a drive.

Not sure if you can get a good of a load tester, if you can, then use it after a drive as well

This is to eliminate the two major electrical components.

#4 ·
The neighbor's Quasqai had an electrical problem where the whole electrical system was dead overnight. They had the dealer replace the battery and test the alternator. Happened a second time same thing. Then dealer said it was an electrical fault with the CVT draining the battery and replaced it under warranty.
Might be the same fault with yours ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.