A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Non-IT/Tech Female interested in everything DIY.

Purchased a dealer-loaner/slightly used 2013 Nissan Sentra SV in September 2014... Promised myself to wait at least 1 full year before customizing anything in the car. Well, that year is FINALLY UP!! (Sort of --- I've penalized myself bit & prolonged my wait since I added Fog Lights, an auto-dimming/compass rearview mirror, and also self-installed a SiriusXM combo AUX-IN radio component).

Looking to start "small"... upgrading my OEM standard AM/FM/CD stereo to a AM/FM/DVD Bluetooth Nav system (also OEM).
This guy: http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ilpage_o00_s00

Major issue here: I'm only self-taught, via Haynes... In Dodge Neons. 1998 Neons, to be exact.
Now that I'm on Car #2, and it's newer.... THERE AREN'T ANY HAYNES MANUALS.

Can you direct me to some well-drawn electrical mapping?
More importantly: can you direct me to a thorough dash-diagram? I'm looking for something that will give me step-by-step guides to where there are screws, bolts, clips... how to pull off the dash, pull out the center radio/air-control console, etc....

I'm also interested in replacing my overhead console. Currently I have one with the BlueConnect feature, but I want to get rid of that... I'd rather have the console with the SunGlasses holder.
I will also be replacing my steering wheel, to include the BlueTooth calling buttons... but for now I'll just keep my standard steering wheel. In the past year, I've never called someone while driving... I've only swiped my phone to answer incoming calls (which auto-direct through the BlueConnect system currently).

Assistance would be appreciated!

·
Registered
2014 nissan sentra SV
3 Posts
Hello, this thread might be closed but for the new ones that are looking for help

Heres the link for your navigation radio this tells yo exactly where do the cables belong to.

So the old display radio uses pin 8 on the main harness as Illumination GND. This pin/lead needs to be removed form the main harness and moved to pin 44 on the secondary harness. By moving this lead, you enable the buttons to be illuminated with your dash lights. Now it doesn't just stop there, the nav unit also uses one more illumination lead that is not clearly identified. So in the pin-out doc for the nav radio, notice that pin 23 of the secondary harness is labeled MR Output. This particular pin requires a jumper from the main connector Pin 9 to the secondary connector pin 23 (MR Output). The MR output controls the navigation map color scheme. So when your lights are on the MAP changes to night view, and when your lights are off, it switches to day view. I found this out the hard way.

Credit to: ghdecastro from club frontier.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts