A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First some history that may or may not be related to my current problem. This car was throwing P0101 codes for a long time (>1.5 years). It had the MAF sensor replaced several times. A few times when the check engine light was on it went into a limp mode but then corrected itself later. It was brought to Nisson for a software update related to this issue (which we had to pay for!). The problem persisted so we brought it back to Nissan. The mechanic cleaned the throttle body. It worked for a while, but the issue returned. The last thing the mechanic suggested is that we only buy name brand gas with detergent additives. This actually solved the problem for many months. The P010 code returned briefly but then cleared on its own and is not currently being displayed. During the time the check engine light was on for the P0101 code the car ran ok most of the time.

A new symptom developed which may be unrelated. The car runs fine up to 2000 RPM. When cruising at 2000 RPM the engine starts missing. The rpm will drop to 1500 and then return to 2000 and then drop again. The car will buck. If you accelerate to say 3000 rpm or stay at 1500 rpm the car will not display this issue. It seems to happen under load like going up an incline.

No engine codes or lights are displayed at this time.

We don't want to drive the car in this condition.

Any ideas on where to look for a solution?

· Registered
11 Posts
Could be one of the hall effect sensors on the transmission. I have broken several times pulling the engine or just working in the area. How many miles and what has the service interval been on the, Im assuming cvt. Have you taken to Nissan for the ecm update on trans/ service recall for specified models and years 13-16, I do believe. It is for several differnrt issues along with a TCM flash. Check these first before agreeing to anymore work being done. Check it out and hope you find the issue soon

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts