A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Nissan Sentra SL
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am new to the group, my name is Bri, and I have a 2017 Sentra that I am working on "upgrading". It came with a very basic head unit with no bluetooth or screen so I am installing a new OEM head unit next week that is from a different 2017 Sentra that has a screen, bluetooth, a backup camera option as well as built in GPS. With the new opportunity to have a back up camera, I wanted to install one but dont really know where to start. Has anyone done this to their Sentra? Will aftermarket back up cameras work with an OEM head unit? Should I get a whole new OEM back up camera system or will an aftermarket one work as well? I have searched the internet and finding a specific 2017 Sentra camera system is pretty much impossible. So any help is appreciated. Thank you!!!!

·
Super Moderator
6,359 Posts
It's more than just putting in an oem head unit to get the features you want, you are better off getting an aftermarket headunit that fits your needs as trying to run a higher end oem head uit will result in rewiring and adding modules/controllers that is more than likely not in the car.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Yeah, basically you'll want to find a reputable audio shop in your area. Honestly my car is heavily modified but I don't mess with audio, so I'll take it to a place that does it professionally.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Definitely put that oem unit for sale. Like others have said, you'll need to pull EVERY harness from the car that came from to install it in your car. The head unit is the easy part.

If you're up to it, and have access to the car it came from, it would be a nice adventure to pull everything.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts