A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a waste the sideskirts not included sunroof ,floor mats & LSD is extra this is FUNNY!! NIsan is going to realize the new SpecV will not sell.

Also why buy that ugly crap, when you could get the altima coupe 4Cylinder 2.5 ; same SE-R motor. The altima 2.5 coupe is what the SpecV should have been ,so why not just buy the altima coupe . It's like a TC fighter. The Sentra is even in a lower level than before , reason beening is nobody is going to spend close to 23 G's on a ugly sentra.

LOL b15 rocks !

http://build.nissanusa.com/configurator/en?service=external/Summary&mo=2007:sen&bs=default&tr=_TE_SE-RV&ec=KH3&us=2|3|32|45|46|50|58&se=15|2|3|32|35|45|46|50|58|60|7&pv=2|23|24|26|28|3|30|32|33|40|41|42|45|46|50|52|54|55|56|57|58|60&pc=2|3|32|46|50|58&psel=15|2|3|32|35|46|50|58|60|7&ps=H01|1&zipcode=11207]23 Grand SPECV

B

·
0 Posts
you gotta add sirius to get the sunroof and audio package? fuck that!

that car is gonna be close to $25K out the door, and its ugly people are gonna actually buy it?

I rather take $20k and go buy an new 07 tC.

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
yo the specs say it has the continuos valve controling timing same thing the 07 altima has... that means the engine feels like its one gear? and i drove the 07 altima, the engine i am not a big fan of, you cant even tell when to shift it all sounds the same... the idle doesnt even drop like the b15 does, i need to test drive this thing

·
Registered
176 Posts
i just created mine and it only came out to $21,970. thats with all the options i would want anyway. fresh powder exterior, splash guards, sunroof (you dont need the sirius radio for it) the limited slip differential and floor mats.

i honestly dont think the price is that bad

and once i start seeing some on the road i think they'll look much better than they do in pics, once you see kids drivin it with exhaust and tints and stuff like that itll look good.

im not saying i would buy one but its not bad.

i mean yeah you coulda got a srt-4 or cobalt ss at around $25,000 and yeah they are faster.
but woudlnt throwing a turbo or supercharger on the new spec-v make it faster than both of those.

anybody remember at DPA when the silver spec beat my friends cobalt ss from a roll. and the ss is supercharged

theres def potential in the new spec but instead of nissan setting goals they just tried to reach them and thats where they messed up.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea cloud i remember that was in shock a Spec took out a SS .

But still the new sentra is nowhere near appealing PLus i bet you the altima coupe base is going to be around 24 why not get that & boost it. Comes out to be more or less a 2DR SE-R cause it has the same motor

·
Baby Kicker
4,437 Posts
i like how the new Spec looks from the side but from the rear forget it, bleh, ugly focken box car..the front isn't that bad..

otherwise the powerplant and leather seats are a nice touch..i would swap the engine and seats to my B15 lol

·
Registered
176 Posts
yeah thats true about the altima coupe, i wonder if they'll come out with another altima ser one day i thought that was hot.

but im not huge on the exterior of the new altima but the interior is phat, my girls brothers girlfriend just got one with the navy and the rearview cameras that show whats behind her when shes in reverse plsu the system bumped pretty hard for being stock. i was impressed.

is it just me i dunno, but i know this is a lil off topic but i hate the way all the new hatchbacks looks, im just not a fan of the mini- mini vans, like the mazda 3 (dont get me wrong the engine and interior is nice but the back ehhh, same with what their doin to the new subaru wrx.
for those who dont like hatches the new spec-V starts to looks better and better

·
Registered
692 Posts
Base MSRP† $19,900
Exterior Color
Super Black
Interior Color
Charcoal
Transmission
6-speed Manual Transmission
Packages and Options
Sunroof Package $750
All-season Tires incl
Accessories††
Body-Color Side Moldings $150
Subtotal $20,800
Destination and Handling $615
Total Configured MSRP† $21,415

·
Baby Kicker
4,437 Posts
Cloud9 i have to disagree..i friggin love hatches and wagons..if i decide to part ways with my spec im def getting a hatch next..even if its a versa, fock it..i just want a manual hatch with a workable engine, that would be schweet. whenever i look at the mazdaspeed 3 the new spec looks worse and worse

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I think the new spec is quite decent looks, it will take some time getting used from the "gorgeous" 02-03 se-r body style, but all good things take time to happen. Just like with the 04-06 spec, everyone hated the bucktooth, orange lighting and basically the entire front. But it grew on people and it is a nice looking car in the end.

The new se-r looks decent to me, stock. But i know with a few minor exterior mods, the car will look hawt.

But as fullah said, for that amount of money there are better cars out there ie. mazdaspeed3, wrx etc.

Oh and cloud9, some of the best sleepers in the world are wagons. Just look up the b5 Audi RS4, that grocery getter will wax many cars on the road.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I agree with Matt, I'd do a Mazdaspeed 3 any day before the new Spec... Its an American thing not to like hatchies, enywhere else but USA they love those things.... an Audi A3 stock over the spec too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts