A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone with the b15 2j header, and u installed the kit instead of getting a new fan shroud, has splicing those together given any codes?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tryna figure if where i spliced the fan they sent with it could he causing codes, po117 po118 i didnt get to look thru the fuses yet.just tryna figure this out

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hadda replace the ect sensor, dans wouldnt come on unless ac was on, pulled plug, paper clip used to complete circuit fans worked, replaced sensor fixxed that issue, still got codes after clear n such...fuse,wiring, and or maf stuff i think less other things can trip em that im forgetting,

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the V2 Medusa and have my fan circuits spliced with no MIL. Your problem lies somewhere else.
wasnt 100% sure, i dont think bad ac or fan relays would pop po117 po118, perhaps im wrong,but its either wiring or a bad circuit/relay/fuse, i dont have a way to check wiring tho

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wasnt 100% sure, i dont think bad ac or fan relays would pop po117 po118, perhaps im wrong,but its either wiring or a bad circuit/relay/fuse, i dont have a way to check wiring tho
not over heating, fans turn on when temp is reached, ac on start doesnt turn fans on like it should. im gonna grab some relays n stuff soon

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Just make sure the right wires are wired together and with a good connection. Both signals together, both grounds together.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
i redid the connections n such were the fan. connects, drove about 40 miles after clearing codes, they came back, same codes po117,po118, i already replaced the sensor,so im down to pigtail wiring/connector to the sensor, relays unsure if relays could pop those codes tho ?, an possibly thermostats? SIDE NOTE..i was an idiot and assumed the new sensor was good. was only reading 2.25 oms

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
further testing, only 4.84v at the connector, a solid 12 something on the otherone pin as well, after the sensor dried alil bit getting 0 ohms car off, unsure why it read 2.25 earlier, shouldnt i be reading 5v at the connector? plugged into both connections was only getting 4.84 ,dang wiring i hate the most!!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
seems my radiators shot, small leak, guess good time to flush my system till new one comes, sorry 2j i wasnt sure if the wiring could be the cause, i redid the connections aswell, nice solder solders

1 - 13 of 13 Posts