Registered
9,029 Posts
Ill take them. Pm me ur paypal

Sent from my SM-A115AP using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tritton

·
Registered
21 Posts
I’m just asking out of curiosity but what are the pros and cons of switching out pulleys? Horsepower gain? Reliability due to less strain on the engine?

·
Super Moderator
6,206 Posts
Reduced rotating mass freeing hp & tq from parasitic losses.

·
Super Moderator
6,206 Posts
Harmonics from the rotating assembly, and that varies from engine to engine and rpm.

Moto IQ did a article or two in them compared to oem and aftermarket dampers.

Reactions: Tritton

·
Registered
21 Posts
I took mine off and put the stock crank back on, that has that little dampener, and I can tell you my steering wheel didn't have as much vibration
With the QR? Because I mainly found BRZ
Harmonics from the rotating assembly, and that varies from engine to engine and rpm.

Moto IQ did a article or two in them compared to oem and aftermarket dampers.
for the QR? Because I mainly found BRZ.

·
Super Moderator
6,206 Posts
Same concept with any motor, results may vary as balancing will play a part if it is internal vs. external balanced as well which I don't think they go over.

Many people have ran a light weight pulley with no issues on this motor including myself and if you are a 1320 guy then it will be fine as you are not maintaining a window of the rpm band as with road racers.

·
Super Moderator
6,206 Posts
I took mine off and put the stock crank back on, that has that little dampener, and I can tell you my steering wheel didn't have as much vibration
Then you have other issues as the damper, or lack there of, will not send vibes through the chassis and not just the steering wheel. If this happened then it would be more prominent at certain rpms if you maintained it there or went through the entire rev range slowly.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
When your on the freeway the rpm is pretty consistent. It wasnt to garing, just wasnt what I wanted in my daily

1 - 20 of 21 Posts