A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

2J Race Header Comparison (1st Gen Hedman & 2nd Gen In House)

3K views 26 replies 7 participants last post by  CrickiKaze 
#1 ·
I am going to let the images do the talking for the most part, I will state that:
1) Diameter of pipes are bigger.
2) There is no transition from the flange to the pipe (oval to round).
3) Unofficially the pipes are no equal length with 1 & 2 being shorter.

Black Standing Art Gesture Grey
Sleeve Gesture Thigh Font Waist

Font Gas Pipe Metal Electric blue
Automotive tire Wood Grey Synthetic rubber Gas
Wood Luggage and bags Denim Bag Gas
White Light Tool Font Bicycle part
Font Musical instrument Audio equipment Eyelash Wood

See less See more
  • Wow
Reactions: Tritton
#8 ·
Leaving it as is, it will not cause issues with flow....but at the same time I'm thinking of getting rid of it even after getting it ceramic coated but its not getting installed until i get re-tuned with the current set up as the tune is that bad.

At some point I will just have custom one done, not much of a choice, try and get a V1R flange.

Umm..it's v-band...

#11 ·
Both, saw testing from far worse and impact to output was negligible, granted it was on an engine dyno but they put some nasty dents in the runner.

#12 ·
Ok. Complete fucking noob here. But which one is better and why? What makes one header better than the other? Whats makes a good header?

The dents dont look like it would be good?

• Haha
#13 · (Edited)
There is no short or direct answer for that, part of it depends on the motor and internals with focus on the valve train while another is overall header design to primary length, diameter size merging, where output is expected and other stuff dealing with pulses, velocity, scavenging and other things.

Supposedly the black one makes more power.

I didn't measure anything today, but might tomorrow.

Not sure how "valve" auto corrected to "basic"....

• Wow
Reactions: Richardw72
#20 ·
Not really, it is a one off to my knowledge but it's not what I originally expected as when I ordered it i was expecting a 4-2-1 and no one said we are making it a 4-1 cause you're different.

I really haven't decided.

#21 ·
I saw that dent in the first pics. Was that an accident or made to clear something? No one likes a dent that big..

I mean why not run it, altho I understand your want for 4-2-1. It looks like its alittle cleaner flow. And also the fire pattern at the collector is a different sequence. I swear the coating makes power once its hot. Ive noticed that with my Madusa. I just dont think the 4-2-1 headers make power like the 4-1 do.

#26 ·
It ended before it even started? rip

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.