A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been thinking about pulling the trigger on the 02-03 Spec-V UpRev Full Conversion Kit (06 sentra) from 2J racing but I'm having a hard time finding details.......
I know some of you have done it already (or variations of the 04 conversion) so I'm looking for some feedback (I've already e-mail 2j Racing but haven't gotten a reply yet.... I'll give them more time as it's busy time of year)

1- What level of technical skill is required?
2- Do all the sensors still work after the conversion?? (Here in Ontario Canada they plug into your OBD2 to verify emissions sensors are "ready" status >> any SES light on = FAIL)
3- How detailed are the instructions??
4- if\when you encountered problems\questions how was the support (from what I've read 2j racing offers really good support)
5- what do you like most about the conversion?? (other than cam phasing, Rev Limits, Fuel maps, injectors, timing, launch control, permanently turning off codes, removing NATS)
6- what do you like the least about the conversion??

any comments or suggestions are welcome, thanks in advance
Phill

·
6,543 Posts
1. You will need to know how to read wiring diagrams (required to convert the MAF) also know enough how to remove and re-pin the cluster. The rest are plug and play. Obviously, you will need common sense on how to lay the wiring like away from the hot stuff and such.
2. All the sensors should work, minus the PS sensor which normally gives off a P0550 code, but I think he turns them off with Uprev.
3. Detailed enough, but refer to number 1. It is literally this - convert maf, remove old ecu, plug the harness to the old harness, plug the ecu in, then route the can wires inside the cabin, repin the cluster, install the obd 2, swap the pedal and done. Unless you have nats which requires you to program the ecu. The patch harness works with both nats/non nats ecus and harnesses.
4. He does give you support, but you can always come here for info.
5. There's really only one reason to do it and it's to get Uprev.
6. I like wiring so I'm biased lol

Watch these 2 videos.
OBD Pinning - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKIHdlYqmvs
Cluster depin and removal of wires - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoybywaYwQw

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to give me a pm or post up and tag me. Good luck.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply....

I should have provided more details about my car before asking :)
Boosted 2003 Spec V with NATS, running 04 MAF, SAFC bumped idle and pulled 2 degrees of timing

Guess I miss read as I didn't think I had to worry about the CAN wires? I thought is was only for the 04-05??
But now that I think about it, I imaging I have to add the missing CAN wire for the 06 ECU?

Is this what you are referring to when talking about re-wiring the MAF?
Pin 1 & 4 connects to White/Blue wire
Pin 2 connects to Yellow/Green wire
Pin 3 connects to Orange/Blue wire
Pin 5 connects to Red/Green wire

There will be 1 wire left(Red)

·
6,543 Posts
Yea the can wires are needed from 04 and up. The can wires are provided with the kit. There are 2 can wires (lo and hi) then both have splices to go to the OBD2 connector so you can flash uprev. You don't really need to add the can wires to the obd2 connector if you're not flashing the ecu yourself, but it's there just in case. Since you already have the maf done, the next worse thing is the cluster re-pinning. That's about it. Everything else is plug and play.

·
6,543 Posts
I forgot the can wires for the cluster are needed or else you'll get a couple of codes pertaining to the CAN like U1001 and P0468 (fuel temp sensor which is relayed by the can wires)

·
Super Moderator
5,078 Posts
2JR did mine, the only issue I have is a 2A00 code that keeps popping up. You get a patch harness to connect the 02-03 harness to the 04-06 ecu.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2JR did mine, the only issue I have is a 2A00 code that keeps popping up. You get a patch harness to connect the 02-03 harness to the 04-06 ecu.
ok but is he helping you get that code sorted??
SES codes are a deal breaker for me, it's a automatic fail for emissions.

·
Registered
8,815 Posts
ok but is he helping you get that code sorted??
SES codes are a deal breaker for me, it's a automatic fail for emissions.
That's why you just get a whole kit. Just takes a lil more work to install

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
6,543 Posts
That particular code is actually not necessarily because of the swap. I did one for a friend and he had one pop up and it was because there was a hole in his intake after the maf which was causing the code. So basically after the swap, the idea is that you have a "stock" car and if a code pops up, you diagnose it as if your car was originally an 06. PA200 is only on the 06 Spec ECUs. Since the ecu is using a wideband/AF sensor (which is more precise) instead of a narrowband O2 sensor, it is more sensitive to leaks like vacuum or exhaust leaks around the sensor.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I've e-mailed 2J racing 3 times now asking for details.... still no reply.
Disappointing....but maybe 3rd time is a charm?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts