A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,851 Posts
There's no way we'll be leaving early Wednesday night. I have to close my store and stuff. I will have to go by my house no matter what. The earliest we could leave is gonna be late. Even if I took the dog with us or find somewhere for her to stay for 24hrs.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
i figured it would be late, that shouldnt be a problem u just tell me man

·
Super Moderator
20,851 Posts
It depends how quick I can get done at work and do something about the dog. I figure we are shooting to arrive at 2j about when they open or a couple few hours earlier and then just crashing out in the van until Brock gets there

·
Super Moderator
20,851 Posts
I can drive all night no problem. I do it all the time. I have driven to New York and back, straight, idk how many times. And I have driven straight here from Utah twice. All stopping only for gas.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
It depends how quick I can get done at work and do something about the dog. I figure we are shooting to arrive at 2j about when they open or a couple few hours earlier and then just crashing out in the van until Brock gets there
that is what i figured get there earlier that way we can catch some zzzzzzz's before he gets there and get the car off the trailer

·
Super Moderator
20,851 Posts
@2002blackspec_v and I will be at 2j before they open and we have to leave by 2pm eastern at the absolute latest. If anyone though maybe they'd swing by.....

Planning to see @yogi b

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
missed rick to say goodbye

he is truly excited about his car

his was on the dyno making enormous power
[the entire time i was there. hours]
i will let him report

what a sound
great stuff

the 2j wheels fit perfect and are beautiful
[but 5 bolt only, around 800 bucks]

brocks car has perfect fitment with them
and no flares
17x9 ,35mm et, 235/40/17 tires

joe had them on his b16 too
which looks good, imo

very busy shop
talked with joe for 2 min

many projects at once
with his new staff

some very capable people

we will sit down mon with my fantasy list

got to ride in a very nice 2010 mazda speed 3

and dave's beard is longer than mine
lol

·
Super Moderator
20,851 Posts
It was a fun day. Very tired now. I am sure Rick will post tomorrow. Need sleep. It was a hard drive homeowners no sleep.

Nice to meet you Barry. I'll get those parts to @The Mad Hungarian asap. I let him know I have them.

I really did like that mazdaspeed. Wish I had taken a rode in your car. And nobody got to take a ride in mine. Some other time hopefully.

·
39,045 Posts
Now you all can do it again.... next month?!?!?! lol

·
Registered
488 Posts
Sounds like you guys had a great time!
@yogi b: Thanks for sending goodies my way Barry! I appreciate it!! You ever get up this way, come have some coffee!

@DaveSpecB15: Thanks again for bringing Barry's goodie box back with you! I'll get with you soon.

Trying to get the "Not A Donk" Caprice finished up so I can get it out of the garage and start getting the B15 ready to go back in. At least the car count in my back driveway is getting smaller.... :47:

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
nice to meet you too dave

and rick and tim too

sorry about no ride yet
it didn't even get to clear its throat
with rick in the car
lol

madhungarian your welcome

you got some
a-arms [they sat a long time some rust has developed]
a 5" tach
a walbro fuel pump [already modded]
a pop charger with air cleaner
and a small group of intake parts with a heat shield

·
Registered
488 Posts
nice to meet you too dave

and rick and tim too

sorry about no ride yet
it didn't even get to clear its throat
with rick in the car
lol

madhungarian your welcome

you got some
a-arms [they sat a long time some rust has developed]
a 5" tach
a walbro fuel pump [already modded]
a pop charger with air cleaner
and a small group of intake parts with a heat shield
Awesome!! Thanks Barry!!

·
39,045 Posts
Damn.. For some reason whey I saw pop charger, I thought pro-charger and got jealous......lol

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
It was a lot of fun getting to go out there all thanks to @DaveSpecB15. It was also great getting to meet and talk to @yogi b. He is a great guy and knows alot of good info. His car is really cool and quick for being 305whp.

The car did good on the dyno last run it decided it didn't like holding anything over wastegate boost because the line coming from my electronic boost controller came.off the top of the wastegate.

It made on 7.5-8psi 266whp and 257tq, on 12psi it made 321whp and 304tq, and on 15-16 psi it made about 370whp and close to the same tq. Joe did a really good Joe with the tune.

·
39,045 Posts
Damn pimp, those are some nice numbers. But you should not post your hp numbers before the nationwide call out....lol...

I do hope to atleast meet some of you peeps some day. Maybe when I win the lotto I'll have the time to have an East Coast 3 month travelling vacation.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
They r useless until 3rd on 12psi and up. If they r good and warm they grip first on wastegate boost and man is that scary when u don't expect it. I'm pretty happy with my number for building it over 3 years ago and having 45k on my engine

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
damn
245s usless till 3rd

thats better traction than mine
i still have probs in 4th

i guess the 275s will be necessary

loved the sound your car made
the power too

at the same boost level you are pulling 75 hp on me

nice

mine goes in tomorrow
but for handling not power
joe says he can get it to go straight
at the drags

even at my much lower power level
if it will hook and go straight
i think this will set some fwd records at paradise
[stands at 8.50 with the vq]

yes vq went way faster elsewhere

but paradise at 1100 ft and slipppppppppppppery
is in it's own world

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I bet when I put my 04-06 wheels I have on I'll have problems. I have new bridgestone s-04 in a 225/45/17. Don't want to keep taking life off my r888 since they r my autocross tires. I will tell u rho when I was leaving idk it it was the road or what but I was gripping first gear on my lowest boost setting. Now for some reason I don't

21 - 40 of 46 Posts