A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Delrin Motor Mounts with Crossmember Bushings

SOLID AS PURE DIAMOND. not literally, but really just extremely solid. the car feels really tight now with the solid mounts in place. the engine doesn't shudder and jerk as I try to move the car - as I backed out of my driveway to do some test pulls, the car didn't hesitate to roll out. Shifting feels much smoother now, more so than when I had the ghetto wheelhop aid on. I can click into and out of gears much faster and much more cleanly now, and combined with 2JR's short-throw shifter with their Turcite bushings, shifting feels much more crisp and clean.

Vibration nuisance is usually from a subjective standpoint, and when I first turned on the car, I actually found the vibes to be quite tolerable. the steering wheel had a slight buzz to it, the pedals felt a lil tingly, and the seats became back and butt massagers, but it was nowhere near unbearable. my idle is still at the stock 700 'coz I don't have Car Gauge and a Bluetooth dongle to change it, BUT, even at normal idle temperature, the car still doesn't vibe so terribly.

What I did find to be intolerable, however, was the amount of rattling created by my loose interior panels. I may go in another day and try to add some padding to my rattly panels to reduce the noise - my dashboard is a massive culprit, but pinpointing exactly which things are rattling like crazy will take some time.

Overall, the solid mounts are really great on initial impressions. I actually love them way more over my stock rubber mounts (which in reality was pretty much a given), and they make the car feel great. just need to address the rattly interior panels now. . .

Nismo-style Short-Throw Shifter with Turcite Bushings

First Impression? actually, really strange. I thought it would initially be cool, but having to adapt to the much, much shorter shift throw was quite the experience. It wasn't that it was hard to remember where to shift to, but more the change in how far the shifter has to be moved to shift gears.

I do, however, absolutely love how smooth my shifting is now with this kit. my old rubber bushings were a bit sticky, despite the grease and grime all over them. the Turcite bushings make a MASSIVE difference. shifting feels like gliding - smooth, effortless.

Overall, the STS kit is just plain awesome. the shift throw however, takes some a bit of getting used to. otherwise, this purely awesome kit is a top recommendation for your next 2JR purchase.

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
+1
def agree
these motor mts are just as stiff as travis's and give 1/2 the vibes
been using them for two years now
good stuff
imo

i have used 3 different short shifters,prior to this.
[not counting the ridiculous B&M model]

2js is the only one i use at the drag strip
[the others had to be removed prior to hard runs, missed 3rd way too often]

it works flawlessly and was a great addition to the fantastic turcite bushings,
i have been using since last year.
[replaced joe's original aluminum ones]
also good stuff
imo

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
+1
def agree
these motor mts are just as stiff as travis's and give 1/2 the vibes
been using them for two years now
good stuff
imo

i have used 3 different short shifters,prior to this.
[not counting the ridiculous B&M model]

2js is the only one i use at the drag strip
[the others had to be removed prior to hard runs, missed 3rd way too often]

it works flawlessly and was a great addition to the fantastic turcite bushings,
i have been using since last year.
[replaced joe's original aluminum ones]
also good stuff
imo
Weren't Travis' mounts solid poly or something similar? I know the material those were made of was harder. I have to agree, the Delrins have quite a bit of give to them, but they keep the motor rock steady, lol.

the 2JR sts is definitely a great all-around sts, lol. I kinda wish the throw were a bit shorter though, but in comparison to my friends' K-Tuned shifter assemblies in their Civics and Teggys, I prefer the 2JR sts 'coz it doesn't feel like I'm gonna miss a gear, lol. the turcite bushings definitely take up any slop as well, lol

Has anybody compared the axxtion STS with 2j's? Out of curiosity. I've had the former since 2006-07 and haven't ever felt the need to change.
I think the only difference between teh 2JR sts and the Axxtion is the placement of the shifter cable. based on the pics, the 2JR one places the cable under the sts adapter itself, while the Axxtion moves the cable above the adapter.

·
Super Moderator
21,694 Posts
It depends on which version of the Axtion you have, the first version was just the transmission piece,very similar to the 2J and Nissan versions and the shift boot cover had to be modified so that you could reliably shift into 1st, 3rd, and 5th. a plastic piece on the bezel interfered with the throw in those gears. The second version of the Axtion has a bracket for the shifter cable that raises the cable and moves the mount point closer to the transmission to move the shift lever inside the car closer to center of the bezel. The Nissan has a piece that goes on the inside of the car to move the shift lever closer to center. I have the Nissan Motorsports, and the Axtion V2. The Axtion is somewhat shorter than the Nissan, I think the specs on the Nissan is 40% decrease in throw, and the Axtion is 50%. Other than the mounting and cable position, not much difference between them. I have not tried the 2J unit, so I cant comment on it.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2JR's sts is a 30% throw reduction, so it doesn't require much else other than the transmission piece, unlike the Axxtion and Nismo sts's, in that case. the v2 Axxtion is the one I'm refering to in my last post. that one, according to the Axxtion website, is a 40% throw reduction.

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
try the 2j one

of the three mentioned here
it's the only one, in my experience, that works for repeated high speed shifting at the dragstrip

the others occasionally would miss 3rd gear at the track
[i would remove them at the track , not so easy for the in cabin , early nms version]

they all worked satisfactorily on the street for me

whatever 2js percentage is
it's feel and precision
[coupled with turcite bushings]

is the best of the bunch
imo

·
Super Moderator
21,694 Posts
try the 2j one

of the three mentioned here
it's the only one, in my experience, that works for repeated high speed shifting at the dragstrip

the others occasionally would miss 3rd gear at the track
[i would remove them at the track , not so easy for the in cabin , early nms version]

they all worked satisfactorily on the street for me

whatever 2js percentage is
it's feel and precision
[coupled with turcite bushings]

is the best of the bunch
imo
I think I will, I have heard nothing but good about it, so what if I have 3 short throw options, and 3 2J bushing options... you can never have too many parts!
I may just drive down there to pick it up though, been wanting to road trip to 2J for a while now, and they aint but a couple hours away from me.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the above mentioned sts kits are super easy to install - pull a clip, put on the adapter, put the clip back in. the Axxtion requires pulling the top shifter cable retainer to add a taller one, however, but that's just as easy to do too.

·
Super Moderator
21,694 Posts
the 2J kit is simple, pull the pin on the shifter in the engine bay, push out the old factory rubber bushing, install bottom half of 2J bushing, lay shifter cable end on top of it, put top bushing on, reinstall pin, if you need washers to shim the bushings, get flat washers with a 5/16 hole in them.
Edit... sorry, Neko got it before me, I thought I was fast... apparently not!

·
Super Moderator
21,694 Posts
I would, but.... I can never remember to take pictures when I am doing an upgrade, I get a notion, order, install, then think, "damn, I should have taken pictures, fuck it, gonna go drive!" so I rarely have pics till after the job is done. example, I put a Redline cover on my steering wheel today, didnt even think about a pic till just now...

·
Registered
153 Posts
I would, but.... I can never remember to take pictures when I am doing an upgrade, I get a notion, order, install, then think, "damn, I should have taken pictures, fuck it, gonna go drive!" so I rarely have pics till after the job is done. example, I put a Redline cover on my steering wheel today, didnt even think about a pic till just now...
lol same here, until after the job is done :(

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
don't sleep on the line, @shanover!

I have no pics either, but the kit is a straightforward install. the Turcite bushings that shanover mentioned are optional, but a great addition to the sts. they're buttery smooth, and don't crush or flex like the stock rubber bushings do, so your shifts will be crisp and smooth.

side note, shanover, when buying your Redline skin, did you order it with the thumb grips? and did you have to pull your wheel off? I'm hoping to order one soon to replace my disintegrating steering wheel skin and get rid of my Bell steering wheel cover.

·
Super Moderator
21,694 Posts
Yes, I ordered with thumb grips, then went to fleabay and ordered a wheel to do the install on, I cant have my DD out of comission when I an doing anything, so.. the wheel that came in was somewhat missrepresented in that it didnt have thumb grips, but was a leather covered wheel, so I put it on my car while I worked on the old wheel. its pretty straightforward, cut the thread on your old cover, remove thread, remove broke down ass leather cover, line up new cover, glue where appropriate, stitch together. not a hard job, but it still took several hours, had to backtrack my stitching several times to make it right, I cannot upload pics right now for some reason, but if you foller the guides from Redline, it isnt hard

·
Super Moderator
20,851 Posts
:thinking: I bet I should try adding some washer shims on my 2j sts. I bet I could fit at least one washer. And I need to put a pin thru that nut inside the car sometime. That nut sure does like to come loose with the turbine.

Worth mentioning maybe, and he didn't mention it... @v_2 had his shifter Bracket snap in half. He would have to say himself I guess if it is in any way possibly related to the v2 axxtion sts

Did anyone ever come up for a solution for the Sts metal on metal "tink" and the wear you get on the Sts? I thought an o ring would work, but it didn't.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts