A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
I think for the little bump, it's a good deal. Especially for the Plug and play aspect.

Or EBAY, do WAAAY more power, and blow your shit up.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
If u got the funds then do it..I personally prefer air to air but I seen that kit work so I can’t say anything bad about it

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
They made it compact and economical. Its an interesting setup for sure for those purposes.

In fact I find that alot of modern day turbo charged production cars and suv's are watercooled. But for street use, air to air 100%

Reactions: Tritton

·
6,829 Posts
They made it compact and economical. Its an interesting setup for sure for those purposes.

In fact I find that alot of modern day turbo charged production cars and suv's are watercooled. But for street use, air to air 100%
Which ones have you found to be water to air ic?

·
Registered
106 Posts
minimal length piping, effective water cooled, compact setup, easi-er 1st time turbo install, gt28rs for our long stroke qr25de = power output of turbo with the efficiency of a supercharger ( gt28rs + long stroke qr = almost immediate power response) ahhh... yeah.. . go and buy it. gt28 is sized right for the qr25de

·
Registered
119 Posts
So, I helped develop the intercooler system for this kit when I was working at 2j for a few months designing parts for him. The intercooler is fine so long as your not doing circuit racing, or if you plan on running over 300 at the wheels. It starts to heat soak after that unless you run a waaay bigger heat exchanger to keep the temp of the water way down. Another thing you can do is run an additive to help with the thermal efficiency of the water. But 10/10 easy to install.

As for what cars today are water to air: most BMW SUV's with a turbo. Any TT lambo/r8 is water to air. The new wrangler with 2.0t is water to air. Any oem roots supercharged car is water to air (shelby gt500, demon, hellcat, ect.). Q50/60 is water to air.

Water to air tech has really improved over the past 15 years. a lot of aftermarket turbo kits are now coming with them.
When I do drag builds in my shop I do water to air. Its more components for sure, but the benefits way outweigh the complexity. With ice and a big reservoir tank, you can easily get intake air temps to start BELOW ambient air temp.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
So, I helped develop the intercooler system for this kit when I was working at 2j for a few months designing parts for him. The intercooler is fine so long as your not doing circuit racing, or if you plan on running over 300 at the wheels. It starts to heat soak after that unless you run a waaay bigger heat exchanger to keep the temp of the water way down. Another thing you can do is run an additive to help with the thermal efficiency of the water. But 10/10 easy to install.

As for what cars today are water to air: most BMW SUV's with a turbo. Any TT lambo/r8 is water to air. The new wrangler with 2.0t is water to air. Any oem roots supercharged car is water to air (shelby gt500, demon, hellcat, ect.). Q50/60 is water to air.

Water to air tech has really improved over the past 15 years. a lot of aftermarket turbo kits are now coming with them.
When I do drag builds in my shop I do water to air. Its more components for sure, but the benefits way outweigh the complexity. With ice and a big reservoir tank, you can easily get intake air temps to start BELOW ambient air temp.
This exactly. Alot of European cars and I think even some of the bi-turbo systems are water cooled with seperate intercoolers. Its a complicated mess under there but has its perks for our cars, especially for drag racing as stated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts