A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2JR and TDMi have teamed up to support the B15/B16 market!!

We do this by working together and creating the best parts available for your chassis. Through design, testing and lots of capital we innovate our designs for performance and durability. By now, most of your wheel bearings are nearing the end of their life and if you are going to replace them, step up to a 5 lug upgrade. More wheel options and they fit all our 2JR big brake kits.

We are installing TDMi's full 5 lug conversion this week on a set of EVO 8 rims. The rims can now be found for around $300 or less, have a 38 offset and clear 2JRs and OEM Brembo brakes. And they are light too!

Great thing about TDMi's kit is it already includes the ABS sensor rings. This is the only kit available on the market! Its also a complete kit with everything you need to install the hubs, including the proper sized lugs, rear centering sleeve and spacer.

Check back later for the final install pictures. Contact Steven now to order your set.

·
Registered
940 Posts
oh man im loving those rims. when i get this those might be my next set.

Once again 2jr on the ball I love it!

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
nice, glad to know the evo rims fit, I was planning on picking up some type of evo rims they come stock with 225 tire i think, many of them have 235s-245-255...

·
Registered
9,641 Posts

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Today we cleaned up the EVO8 rims and drilled our OEM rotors to a double pattern of 4x114 and 5x114. To do this we simply used a template and a drill press. We lined up one of the holes on the 5x114 template with a hole on the rotor, made our marks with a punch and drilled the 5x114 pattern. Remember all 2JR racing big brake kits come predrilled for 4x114 AND 5x114, so you can always skip this step. We plan ahead.

The EVO8 wheels we picked up for $200 had some heavy curb rash and Justin being a premodonna about how clean his car is wanted to clean them up. So we had a lightbulb moment and mounted the rims on a brake lathe. We shaved off 3.5mm of of the lip, removing the rash and put a light backcut to smooth the edge. Came out nice. Check out the video after the jump.

Next up, installing the hubs and the finished product!

Justin drilling out the front rotors, so they are now 4x114 & 5x114

Rear Rotors Drilled

Removing the curb rash in under 30secs.,.

2J-Racing / TDMi 5 Lug - Rim Prep - YouTube

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
the EVO wheels have the correct centerbore for our hubs too.

It took 17 passes per wheel to get out the curb rash. I didn't get a picture of the worst wheel, it was BAAADDDD. We cut the worst wheel down first and then cut the others the same amount.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
that... is... awesome!

·
Registered
224 Posts
that is one of the most innovative things I've ever seen.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
way to use the brake lathe to your advantage! lookin good guys! awesome to see youre still doing QUALITY stuff! and i cant wait til i got the cash to throw down on some 13" wilwoods!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts