A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been a while since someone made a post about a swap and Im here to ask the more indepth questions.

1) What do you do to keep the butterfly valve code away, and where do yall hang the connector after?

2) I see there is 3 vaccume holes for the b16 intake, 1 for pcv, 1 for brake booster, but whats the 3rd one for? How do yall connect the hoses and do you just nipple some off?

3) what do you do with the small vaccum hose on the 1st gen TB? Is this hose on the 2nd gen TB?

Known info,
Get a b16 specv mainfold if you can, altima is 2nd best.
  • Take the mainfold, fuel rail, and injectors
  • Mod lower mainfold using b15 gasket as a templet

Any missed info or questions would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I remember a couple years back watching a youtube video about someone explaining how they cut their plenum and such. Anyone know the title or got a link to that? I got the intake Plenum parts and going to cut it up soon

Attachments

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
From my understanding the 07+ specv plenum is best because it is straight, the altima plenum has a slight backwards bend in it. Id like to find a spec v plenum honestly.

Yes this gets rid of the butterflies
Heres a pic of how it looks, i dont have a spec-vs to reference, but it makes the TB straight instead of curved

Attachments

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thought I'd give an update on how its goings on the project. Firstly, If I knew it was going to be this difficult I probably would have bought it off someone else because boy is this a bitch.
Im using a drill and a dremel. 2nd, get dremel reinforced cutting wheels or better yet the metal cutting ones. 3rd, the drill bits you used to make holes with are going to be torn to shit afterwards. 4th START by using the cutting wheels to make the cuts first to cut enough material because the bolt and nut has to fit. 5th, You reeeally got to cut alot of material off to fit those nuts and bolts. I fucked up on the front by not initially cuting enough off and now I have to recut those or even grind them down alot because theres just to much material in the way.
Overall, dont do this project unless you already got all the tools and love tormenting yourself with tedious projects. Goodluck not fucking up the fuel injector cavities and cut deeper/longer than you think is right.
If you do do it, cut it like I did the back two

P.s., Im on my 3rd day of cutting 🤒😪

Attachments

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
You dont need to do the cutting. I bought a brand new adapter from nissan, got longer hardware, and it bolted right up. Not sure why the belief is that you need to do two sets of hardware. Nissan does it with one bolt or a stud. So long as its torque down, its fine. Ill snap pics in a bit.
Let me know, save me from the binds of weak dremel cutting wheels

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
Its a huuuge bitch skillet. Im almost done with it rn and when I fully finish Ill make a right up of the tools I used, but the long and short of it is get cutting wheels and use those the whole time to cut and hammer out the squares and to grind down the aluminum. I used a dremel bit to grind the holes. It worked great

P.s. Im 3 fully days deep into this thing, I live in an apartment, and the dremel is the best tool I got. Lets just say Im not in ideal circumstances

Attachments

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Update pictures. Im going to buy the hardware tomorrow and mock it up, but the holes all seem to line up, just need to smoothen everything out

Attachments

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I don't think there is. I cant see nissan making three different heads for the same engine on the same year vehicles. lol

I'm working on adapters for half that. Should be ready for pre-order after xmas. Have to sort out a way to template out the hole modifications for the intake manifold for the end user.

I am also starting on a custom intake manifold soon.
Now you tell me 😭😫

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
yeah I think that adapter is $400 from 2j. Im 65% pos thats a cnc part to fit the b15. Its been a long time since I installed that.

Fre is there any difference between the Sentra, Rogue, Altima for the adapter that you know of?
Yeah, its just a cnc gen 2 intake mainfold. Honestly if I had a cnc machine it would be smooth as gravy

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Brand new, the adapters are like $60 from Nissan. Half hour of work later, your ready to rock and roll. IF I milled the holes so that it looked OEM, its maybe like an hours of mill work. The double bolt method just makes it so the manifold itself does not have to be touched. But, having removed the upgraded manifold, and installed one with the double bolt system, never gain will I do that. For what it is, its way too much of a pain in the ass. Doing it this way means one bolt per hole, boom your done.
I still cant visualize what you mean, but im sure its best. I was thinking myself installing this thing is still ganna be a pain. The whole BDSO route is such a pain

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Update: What Ive learned so far is you have to cut a hell of alot of material off and find a way to flatten the ends enough for the washers to do the work. I liked using the dremel reinforced cutting wheels because as they got used up, they got smaller and fit in smaller places. To make the holes larger for the gasket, I got an aluminum cutting bit for my dremel that worked well to shave the sides.
It honestly looks like shit, but we will see if it works in the end and if the B16 TB works and takes a relearn. If all goes well I will have it on next week

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Something else that absolutely pisses me off and I had to come to terms with is, the oem harmware is 12mm socket. Every store I found m8 bolts are all 13mm. So now I have 13mm hardware

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I could live with that Nero. I'm also pissed off but just at myself. Went back to grab that stuff at the junkyard and was also thinking of yanking the crank. Well someone got me, they took everything, motor tranny they even gutted the wire harness.
Dammmmn altimas hard to come by?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts