A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody!

I have 3 engines a stock b15 qr, a full b16 qr spec v engine and tranny ( thanks to tapeman) and a qr20.
I am going to be doing high compression build so using qr20 pistons, b16 crank, rods, intake manifold.

What else should I be using from these motors for my b15 build? fuel rails, injectors etc.

Also what other things should I consider here? I am planning on a cometic head gasket and already have arp studs.

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
You'll need a trigger plate from a frontier I believe. Nissan has them, or you might be able to get one from Joe at 2J

·
Super Moderator
5,576 Posts
Trigger plate came from an older Altima iirc, i have the part number on the box of a spare i have if you need it.

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Signal plate is (12314-6N20A), plus the 4 bolts (12315-EN200) for it.

You are correct Cricki, it is the newer altima plate.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ahh yes, thank you for the part numbers. I also read I should use b16 injector rails. What about throttle body? do I need to change any wiring around for this?

Also, has anybody figured out how to use B16 cams? I know there is a thread on here stating that there are signal plate issues with the cams.

·
Super Moderator
5,576 Posts
Get the adapter kit from 2j to mount the intake manifold that way you can reuse you tb.

Cams are a signal plate issue and are not worth trying to run unless you can get an already machined replacement

·
6,728 Posts
Or...you can also just get the Nisformance TB harness adapter so you can just use the b16 tb.

I've also heard that you can just bolt the b16 block to the b15 head, oil pans and timing cover. That way you just need to get the rods out and swap the pistons into the b16 block if you're not rebuilding. I don't know if there's any advantages into using the b16 block besides the stock oil cooler.

@CrickiKaze didn't you have a b16 long block that you were tearing into with that head thread that you had? Are you able to see if you can do that without much machining or modding? B16 short block and just bolt on the b15 head, timing cover and oilpans?

·
Super Moderator
5,576 Posts
The head will bolt and that's it, timing cover needs to follow the head, and the oil pan may bolt but one bolt will be off but the bs is in a different location... there is some other things.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts