A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

$3 Radiator Rubber Bushing Mod

35K views 45 replies 25 participants last post by  sknnyppy 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Was looking around autozone for some stuff and came across these bushings. It looked like it had the same ID to fit over the radiator nipple thingy and a good enough OD to fit inside the stock rubber bushing. "And it FITS!!"

You can buy it at any auto parts store that sells HELP products. It's $2.99 a pair.

1. This is one of your Radiator bushing location, the other one is by the battery.

2. Pull it out from the top or bottom like this.

3. This is how it looks like when u pull it out. And you want to stick your finger in it to push it through the otherside so u can rip off that torn section.

4. Example of how it fits just right.

5. Install stock rubber back to the radiator

6. You can use alil oil to make it slip inside to make it easier, rubber+ruber=friction so use lube. Move radiator to a side that you can snug the new rubber bushing inside.

Thats it your done. Enjoy a non wiggly radiator

See less See more
#4 ·
i did something different to fix my radiator...i bought brand new rubber mounts and it still didnt help so i went to home depot and bought these rubber things that you put on the bottom of chairs so they dont slide and drilled a whole in them and put them in, then put the rubber things on top of them and then tighten down the metal part as much as i could and it keeps it really tight

Reactions: sknnyppy
#6 ·
I did this mod a while ago thinking it wasn't that big a deal and I was the only one it happened to but with the energy suspension universal sway bar bushings in red, looks sick and also very useful, but splash lemme give you a heads up depending on how the fit is the bushings sometimes slip out and get lost, so once in a while take a look under your hood, I've had this done since last year about the time we met and I gave you the part, and since then I've lost almost 5 bushings(fortunately the box comes with 8 for about 10 or 12 bucks

#12 ·
If you have an aftermarket intake, use the two rubber bushings that the stock airbox was attached to the engine bay with. They are a direct fit and require no modification to work. I have had mine on my radiator for almost a year now.

#14 · (Edited)
Here is my solution for the bushing. You will never loose a bushing again! Don't mind the dirty bracket :)

Basically I drilled a hole across the radiator stud and used a 1-1/2" galvanized pneumatic finishing nail and bend it in an "s" pattern to retain the bushing. You could use a cotter pin if you have them laying around....I did not want to make a run for just 2 cotter pins so I made do and it seemed to hold up OK.

#23 · (Edited)
cant you get some small self tapping screws and a washer and screw it into the top of the post ? or would they crack? this is what i have right now.

but it made me think about the screws/washer. well i tried it to make it flush would need like 2 different sized washers one to take up the gap and another to keep them from coming off.

#25 ·
buy a bushing kit for the rubber on your lca i think for your sway bar ends or the thing that connects them. i had 2 extra ones after replacing my stock bushings used those 2 extra ones to do my radiator. assuming your outer ring of rubber is still good. 2 for one mod :p

#26 ·
i posted the pics in a nother thread but this is my anti fallout solution lol

some left over washers from the sway bar end kit and some small screws and washers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.