A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 880 Posts

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Re: VQ35DE Swap by 5er

i think the 07 max aint gunna work ... 02-06 will... also headers with work but i think u need a custom ypipe to fit....also when u get the motor just change the rear valve cover to a 04-06 vavle cover(if u get a 02-03 motor) so u wont have it leak on u( known problem) and might as well change the pistion rings cuz their known to be shit and to cause it to burn oil lol...

·
Registered
571 Posts

time and patients i dont have lol....... even if the wiring is done u would need to program the key again to the immu and ecu....... which is no big deal just take it to nissan or some one that can do it.

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Thanks!

Today I'm having fun reading through the 03 Max and 02 Sentra FSM.

Page EC-1306 and EC-1307 of my Sentra FSM were playing with my mind. They're duplicates.

So anyway my thinking right now is "3L" ECM plugs into old Spec-V plug.

New Maxima engine harness will splice in or plug in to old harness.

Wires in the wrong positions will be cut near the ECM and moved.

Starting a spread sheet to compare wires and values.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze7erz1/id1.html#tsdmod

·
Registered
571 Posts

i think all u have to modify is the plugs that go under the dash IDK.... BUT I AM HAVING NIGEL do my harness to save the hassle....:D:D just save a lil more money and have some one with experience in the harness to do it because u might just waste ur time trying to figure it out.... mounting the engine is easy... wiring is a pain:crazy:

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

i think all u have to modify is the plugs that go under the dash IDK.... BUT I AM HAVING NIGEL do my harness to save the hassle....:D:D just save a lil more money and have some one with experience in the harness to do it because u might just waste ur time trying to figure it out.... mounting the engine is easy... wiring is a pain:crazy:
Yeah I've been thinking about it now... engine harness will be VQ & ECM VQ, nothing to change there... then there's gauges... and I'm thinking of swaping out for as set VQ Altima or Max... then there's A/C and cruise and I think they're going in the trash...

I was wondering about the drivers side mount for a while, but I spent some time looking at other swap pics and realized it was just the stock sentra mount ....

I sure dug up a lot of pics in last few days.:)

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Hey guys! I didn't expect this but I got a response to my Craigslist advertisement for parts wanted today!....

"Hi. I have an engine/auto trans from a 2003 Maxima SE. I also have the ignition, engine harness and MAF. The car was totaled in 2004 and had only 13000km on it. Give me a call and we can discuss price."

FYI that is about 8,000 miles. :eek:

Unless it's free, I'd rather get and ignition from a NATS car with the "3L" ECM already program matched.

I can't do anything with the transmission.

I need some advice now.... What do you think is a good price for the engine / harness and MAF? And if this has been sitting since 2004 is it any good?

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Ok soooooo... he won't go below $500.... and he wants me to take everything (engine has all accessories). Going to check it all out probably tommorrow.... he says he has the dash and a bunch of the car left... I think I have to take the Doors LMFAOFF! Thats the good.... the bad.... the engine has been sitting in storage for 6 years. I'll see if I can spin the crank ( is this a good idea?????) Lower oil pan cracked and 1 valve cover cracked.

Opinions very welcome!!!

Some research shows this deal is not too bad.
Courtesy Nissan
Lower Oil Pan $130
Valve cover $104

If I get $734 for the tranny, I think I can, I have the rest for free!

·
Registered
571 Posts

i got my engine from car-part.com lol i put nearest distance and a local yard had one with everything alt/ac pump/ auto wiring harness everything $800 67k miles ..:D

1 - 20 of 880 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.