still in awe of the fenders

thanks again
and may your new engine make 400hp
lol

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #863
The rev-up ecu controls an added feature. Variable valve timing on the exhaust cam side. You could probably use the ecu and turn off the code that would be likely thrown, but idk... just an added scary variable I didn't really need in my build at the time. My rev limit is 7200 right now, but I hardly hit it. Car still fast. :48:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Great looking wire tuck. The bay looks awesome. When you have a sec would you be able to see if Uprev has the ability to turn off the code or even disable that vvt? I've been eying an 06 ecu for a sweet price but if I can't use it then no matter how good the deal is it'll be worthless. I have an 04 spec cluster in bound which I plan to us with the ecu. If I understand correctly then it's a matter of slicing in the connectors in order for the cluster to work with the z ecu. I was thinking to use the z harness instead of the Altima for the sake of simplicity. Would you say that's the way to go?

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #866
Try the 350z forums for the ecu answer. Because I lack eVVT I doubt it's an option to turn off any related code in my ecu. Matching 6 speed Z harness is a good idea, I would like to have done that, but they were always way more money than I wanted to spend... 04 spec cluster is re-pinning yes, as well as adding can wires. You run regular dash wire in twisted pairs aka Can wires, that span from the ecu to cluster and odb2 port for uprev purposes. It's kinda neat you know... because some of the cluster signals are now over Can, you get to delete some of the 02 gauge cluster wires. :p

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
pay him no mind hes just another newb that thinks he knows about this community and its members, he has no idea of the time, patience and awesomeness your build entails, not to mention skill

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Engine bay sports a modified 350z intake now. Very dirty lol... suffered winter commute in the salt and dirt and rain 70 miles a day, 5 days a week. Fun :) Vented hood vents a lil aqua, guess I should do something about that, or at least make sure my spark plug tubes are water free, another day.
nice job sir, i dont care if its dirty :wank: i wanna see this baby in action

·
Registered
9,641 Posts

·
Registered
2,619 Posts

·
Registered
2,619 Posts

·
Registered