A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
185K views 879 replies 67 participants last post by  thesammythecurse 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
Re: VQ35DE Swap by 5er

i think the 07 max aint gunna work ... 02-06 will... also headers with work but i think u need a custom ypipe to fit....also when u get the motor just change the rear valve cover to a 04-06 vavle cover(if u get a 02-03 motor) so u wont have it leak on u( known problem) and might as well change the pistion rings cuz their known to be shit and to cause it to burn oil lol...

#12 ·

Thanks!

Today I'm having fun reading through the 03 Max and 02 Sentra FSM.

Page EC-1306 and EC-1307 of my Sentra FSM were playing with my mind. They're duplicates.

So anyway my thinking right now is "3L" ECM plugs into old Spec-V plug.

New Maxima engine harness will splice in or plug in to old harness.

Wires in the wrong positions will be cut near the ECM and moved.

Starting a spread sheet to compare wires and values.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze7erz1/id1.html#tsdmod

#13 ·

i think all u have to modify is the plugs that go under the dash IDK.... BUT I AM HAVING NIGEL do my harness to save the hassle....:D:D just save a lil more money and have some one with experience in the harness to do it because u might just waste ur time trying to figure it out.... mounting the engine is easy... wiring is a pain:crazy:

#14 · (Edited)

i think all u have to modify is the plugs that go under the dash IDK.... BUT I AM HAVING NIGEL do my harness to save the hassle....:D:D just save a lil more money and have some one with experience in the harness to do it because u might just waste ur time trying to figure it out.... mounting the engine is easy... wiring is a pain:crazy:
Yeah I've been thinking about it now... engine harness will be VQ & ECM VQ, nothing to change there... then there's gauges... and I'm thinking of swaping out for as set VQ Altima or Max... then there's A/C and cruise and I think they're going in the trash...

I was wondering about the drivers side mount for a while, but I spent some time looking at other swap pics and realized it was just the stock sentra mount ....

I sure dug up a lot of pics in last few days.:)

#18 ·

Hey guys! I didn't expect this but I got a response to my Craigslist advertisement for parts wanted today!....

"Hi. I have an engine/auto trans from a 2003 Maxima SE. I also have the ignition, engine harness and MAF. The car was totaled in 2004 and had only 13000km on it. Give me a call and we can discuss price."

FYI that is about 8,000 miles. :eek:

Unless it's free, I'd rather get and ignition from a NATS car with the "3L" ECM already program matched.

I can't do anything with the transmission.

I need some advice now.... What do you think is a good price for the engine / harness and MAF? And if this has been sitting since 2004 is it any good?

#21 ·

Hey guys! I didn't expect this but I got a response to my Craigslist advertisement for parts wanted today!....

"Hi. I have an engine/auto trans from a 2003 Maxima SE. I also have the ignition, engine harness and MAF. The car was totaled in 2004 and had only 13000km on it. Give me a call and we can discuss price."

FYI that is about 8,000 miles. :eek:

Unless it's free, I'd rather get and ignition from a NATS car with the "3L" ECM already program matched.

I can't do anything with the transmission.

I need some advice now.... What do you think is a good price for the engine / harness and MAF? And if this has been sitting since 2004 is it any good?
see if you van get him to sell you everything for 1000/1200 should be good you can use most of the parts

#19 ·

Ok soooooo... he won't go below $500.... and he wants me to take everything (engine has all accessories). Going to check it all out probably tommorrow.... he says he has the dash and a bunch of the car left... I think I have to take the Doors LMFAOFF! Thats the good.... the bad.... the engine has been sitting in storage for 6 years. I'll see if I can spin the crank ( is this a good idea?????) Lower oil pan cracked and 1 valve cover cracked.

Opinions very welcome!!!

Some research shows this deal is not too bad.
Courtesy Nissan
Lower Oil Pan $130
Valve cover $104

If I get $734 for the tranny, I think I can, I have the rest for free!

#29 ·

Ok soooooo... he won't go below $500.... and he wants me to take everything (engine has all accessories). Going to check it all out probably tommorrow.... he says he has the dash and a bunch of the car left... I think I have to take the Doors LMFAOFF! Thats the good.... the bad.... the engine has been sitting in storage for 6 years. I'll see if I can spin the crank ( is this a good idea?????) Lower oil pan cracked and 1 valve cover cracked.

Opinions very welcome!!!

Some research shows this deal is not too bad.
Courtesy Nissan
Lower Oil Pan $130
Valve cover $104

If I get $734 for the tranny, I think I can, I have the rest for free!
wELLL it looks like tomorrow I get a VQ...... Thanks all yea.... and some extra max sheiiite! I'l post pics in a day or so for those who care.... yES i MEAN YOU!

#22 ·

Yeah, he's willing to sell me all of the 2003 maxima parts for $500 combined. Includes the 8000 mile engine , 8000 mile auto tranny, harness, dash, MAF, some doors, misc wiring, the guy has this in his parents garage stored for the last 6 years. He bought 2 wrecked maximas to make one car, and these are the left over parts. I just hope the engine isn't seized... been reading up and tranny fluid or a light oil... wd 40 or whatever penetrating fluid down the spark plug holes sitting can help loosen things up. He's supposed to be getting things organised in his parents garage so I can come see. I've got money in hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.