A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I just bought a $1k civic for daily driving 273k miles on it and my insurance for just state reuquires basic shit is $100 a month , to fully insure the sentra is $132 a month like wtf!!! ???
what.! they making you pay 100 bucks in insurance on a civic with almost 300k :eek:

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Yup I went shopping around everywhere they said its because it is not the safest car in the world doesn't have abs I think or alarm and it is a very commonly crashed and stolen car lol . I also don't have a single ticket but it doesn't matter

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
well yeah most of those things are true, specially the stolen part... but damn they couldn't have some type of remorse and lower that insurance on that civic lol, you gonna waste way more in insurance a year than what the car is worth lol

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Yeah I know but it drives like a Lexus no smoke or any problems or codes and I get like 38mpg highway . I was putting $15 in gas a day in the spec haha that alone will pay for the insurance $15x30=$$$450 a month in gas , so I ll save money by driving the civic even with $100 insurance

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Yeah I know but it drives like a Lexus no smoke or any problems or codes and I get like 38mpg highway . I was putting $15 in gas a day in the spec haha that alone will pay for the insurance $15x30=$$$450 a month in gas , so I ll save money by driving the civic even with $100 insurance
tell me about it, my spec eats gas like is nothing :eek13: i need a civic for a daily lol

·
Premium Member
39,173 Posts
Ysah man I am impressed how long this cars last and how well built they r and specially the gas saving part , u should buy one .
You sound like a 'Honda Lover Cult Member' trying to convert B15 members....:lmao:

Ever since you win cotq and bought that Honda, you have been acting weird....:eek13: .... :troll:

Reactions: tacoerick

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
i agree with the second car thing don't get me wrong, i myself own a truck just for the winter and all i drive is sentra, however, what if you have kids? a house? child support and so on, a lot of things come before having a second car, and like everyone said its not like a 60+thousand dollar car.
I think if you can't afford it, or especially if you have kids, get a maxima. Makes a hell of a lot better daily driver and family car than a Z.

Also, you don't have to pay insurance on both if you swap the registration. people do it all the time up here, because road salt is abrasive. This is why I'm gonna get a b13 for next winter.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
You sound like a 'Honda Lover Cult Member' trying to convert B15 members....:lmao:

Ever since you win cotq and bought that Honda, you have been acting weird....:eek13: .... :troll:
Lol for a daily/beater yeah not for anything else would I ever get a Honda . I couldn't find a Nissan 240 or sentra for $1000 in good condition otherwise I would have

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
I think if you can't afford it, or especially if you have kids, get a maxima. Makes a hell of a lot better daily driver and family car than a Z.

Also, you don't have to pay insurance on both if you swap the registration. people do it all the time up here, because road salt is abrasive. This is why I'm gonna get a b13 for next winter.
How does that work???

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Yeah um no, I want the sentra insured always even if parked lol
agreed, i always leave my sentra insured even when parked for the winter.

once again i agree maybe they should get a maxima, or maybe he just doesn't give a fuck and will buy a new $30,000 Z in a few years if he is that worried about salt (clearly he isn't). Point still being, its a very affordable car who cares if its driven in the winter.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
civics were made for b15 owners to use in salty conditions, why would we wanna mess up a beautiful b15 in the snow ? rite taco! :47:

Reactions: tacoerick

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Scared to mess up a Nissan Sentra driving it in the snow :rolleyes:
with the amount of salt they use on the roads up here, hell yeah.! lol i have alot of money invested in suspension and in the car period, i dont want it to get ruined cause of salt :eek13:, but what can you do, sometimes you just have no choice

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I don't have to deal with road salt, so maybe it's just my ignorance speaking.

Just keep it clean? If your that worried about it. Or every spring/summer search for rust and fix it?

21 - 40 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.