A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to share with you guys on how to get wheelhop completly out. It works best with or without motor mount inserts. It stiffens up your engine so it doesnt move in between upshifts or downshifts. you will notice very lil vibration but not much. Your launching and shifting will feel so much better and smoother.

If you dont understand how and what he's talking about, then heres my lil write up.

quantity-12 washers
size- 3/4 washers
cost- between 3-4 bucks
It's best to bring at least one bolt with you so you can know the size of the hole of the washer.
Tools needed- 17mm

1. Take out first 2 front bolts on the crossmember and remove the rubber washer. Place one washer where the arrows are pointed. Screw the bolt back and tighten all the way. Your done for the front.

2. Take out the 2 bolts on the Crossmember and remove the rubber washer. Place 4 washers where the arrows are pointed.Screw the bolt back. Tighten all the way. Your done with the mod.

Now you can enjoy your car with no wheelhop and no engine movment in between shifts. Best cheap mod i've dont since i had my car. Please feel free to ask any question

·
Registered
164 Posts
if you had solid motor mounts wheel hop isnt a big problem but will this mod kill the rediculous vibration or no?

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does this work on 3rd gen altimas?
if it has the same type of crossmember style then yes, not sure how it looks like under the 3rd gen altima

if you had solid motor mounts wheel hop isnt a big problem but will this mod kill the rediculous vibration or no?
this will slightly increase the vibration but it's not bad.

·
Registered
129 Posts
so i tried doing this today morning...and was wondering if anyone was having my situation..on the front two bolts i have to use 2 washers between the frame and the crossmember...which means im using three washers on each bolt up front. i tried with only the two washers and i was tightening the bolt and the washers were still loose..i didnt get to to do the rear because now i need more washers lol

·
Registered
129 Posts
aight i did the rear ones and i can only fit 3 on each bolt instead of 4 and it was very tight..i guess it worked out...it feels a lot better..smoother shifts and more vibrations are not noticable since i already got mmi's

·
Registered
124 Posts
i wanna do this mod, where are the crossmembers located? sorry im very mechanically declined but do what i can..

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
cross member..once your under the car youll see it right away...dead middle of the engine bay on the bottom...youll see it trust me

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
I did this a while back but couldn't find washers big enough in the middle for the bolt, but small enough on the outside to clear the perimeter of the..... anyways I never thought to put them under the cross member completely. I will say you need to brace the cross member before pulling the bolts out cause they will strip from the weight of the motor.

Now that I say that, how did you get the cross member down far enough to squeeze in the washers? Did it just hang? I figure the motor mounts keep it from doing that.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
any update on this...any1 havin any problem or anything who did it??

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
any update on this...any1 havin any problem or anything who did it??
I completed it on Sunday. To get the bolts out near the front of the car the subframe needs to be jacked so it doesn't sag. The opposite is true for the bolts near the back of the motor. No jack is needed because washer mush be squeezed in between the subframe bar and the mounting holes. If you jack it up you can't get the washers in there.

The mod only takes about 20 minutes. 4 per bolt on the front I believe and 3 per bolt at the back. O and take notice to how crappy the rubber bushings are when you pull them off, a sure sign the mod is worth the time.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
^^ thankx for the info... hopefully its the same for the maxima... but any1 run into problems?? lik anything breaking or sumtin...people r tellin me not to do this

·
Registered
506 Posts
This is a worth while mod. I did it a few months before my 04 Spec got totalled and had no problems with it. I plan on doing this again tomorrow on my 02 Spec, I'm trying to minimize wheelhop as much as possible since it's VQ'd.

·
Registered
413 Posts
is 3/4" the size washer you need for sure? cuz the first post says to take the bolt with you to find the size but i dont wanna take it off first cuz then i cant drive the car. lol

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Is there supposed to be some play in the bolts? My friend ordered the plastic washers and didnt do it cuz there was waaayyy too much play

1 - 20 of 60 Posts