A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
I did this mod over the weekend while I had my car up on a lift. The shifts feel better and the engine doesn't rock anymore but the problem is I have a terrible metal grinding sound coming from the engine bay now.

It only happens if I am in gear and rolling (without hitting the gas) at low to medium speeds. Under power while accelerating there is no sound at all and all is well.

Anyone have any idea what I couldv'e fucked up?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Just did this little improvement I cant tell the motor does not move that much worth the 20 in lol.

·
Registered
85 Posts
there was a guy on here about 6 months or more ago selling teflon spacers that he made and sold for 5-6 bucks.

it works a lot better then washers...

·
Premium Member
11,458 Posts
there was a guy on here about 6 months or more ago selling teflon spacers that he made and sold for 5-6 bucks.

it works a lot better then washers...
I believe that was Rob, and they spacers were made of UHMW. You can buy a sheet yourself and with a hole saw make a bunch of sets for fairly cheap.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just did this mod today...and it feels alot better :biggrin: oh and dont worry u can loosen the front 2 bolts..take one of them out and take it to the home depot to find the size which is in fact a 3/4 washer. You can still drive ur car around without one bolt..its fine, i did it. I needed 3 in the front for each of the 2 bolts...and 4 in the rear for each bolt. Feels great

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Reactions: Matts04SpecV

·
Premium Member
11,458 Posts
I'm doing this mod today and I was wondering if I need to support anything when I take the bolts out if the crossmemeber? Thanks
The tranny/side mounts will hold the motor up, but you can always use a jack to move the crossmember up when re-installing the bolts. Ideally, you will only be removing two bolts at a time so it shouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I was gonna do this while installing my MMI's but I need to invest in a breaker bar first. My 3/8th in ratchet can't deal with 9 years worth of rust. I might wait now and get an UHMW sheet first.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.