A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.So I have a 2003 Nissan Sentra SER Spec-V. With 281,000. 6 Speed Manual, So recently I had the Clutch and Dual Mass flywheel replaced, the gearbox fluid replaced, all about 3,000 Miles ago. So the other day I was shifting into 6th gear and it was hard to shift like it felt like I had to force it into 6th, and when I was getting ready to down shift to 5th gear it would NOT go into 5th or any other gear. So I started playing with the shifter on the side of the road and finally it would go into any gear but 6th was still hard to get into. Right now currently I am only running 5 gears and reverse and I can drive into all 5 gears and reverse like nothing happened. I am only having issues with 6th gear. If I have to I can post a video attactment to so what is going on. I was told from Nissan it was a syncro but at the same time I was also told it could be the Shift Fork in the transmission. Monday or Tuesday I am having a tech look at it but I wanted to see what yall think?

Thank you in advance

·
Administrator
6,687 Posts
What brand and weight oil was put in the tranny, also check the cable bracket on the tranny to ensure the cable is secure with the u clips or what ever they are called.

Reactions: Tritton

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Check ur shifter bushings. I had a similar problem, a few years back. I couldn't shift into 5th gear. I replaced my bushings with 2jr brass ones. Problem fixed. But wow u got 280k miles with the stock clutch?

·
Administrator
6,687 Posts
I would put money on cables not being secured properly in the engine bay, either at the bracket I mentioned earlier or the shift assembly that iicbh mentioned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts