A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys as some of you may already know I blew my completely stock qr25de after I went Boost. Since then things have gotten kinda hectic with me losing my job and now being on unemployment to family members going threw some serious medical issues. "UPDATE" Ive since then landed a good job working for a local Nissan dealer and for the past few months now I have been saving up and researching. Just recently as of this past Monday 7/21/14 I sent my motor off to Joe at 2J-Racing for the Build. My goal is to make 450whp safely on E85.

My Motor build Sheet:

Used 02-03 qr25de block- Free
Used qr25de cylinder head cleaned, inspected and checked for reuse
used stock pulleys
new oem complete gasket set
new oem timing set
new oem oil pump
new oem water pump
new oem belts
new oem sensors
used 07 crankshaft turned and polished
new 07 crankshaft signal plate
new 07 crankshaft signal plate bolts
New 07 Upper Intake Plenum
new wiseco piston rings
new arp rod bolts
new arp main bolts
new arp head studs
new Cometic tri-layer headgasket
new acl bearings custom specd
new jwt bsr kit
new 89.5mm forged low compression 8:5:1 wiseco pistons
new 2JR forged H beam rods
new 2JR Valve Springs
new 2JR Stage 3 Clutch
new 2JR Lightweight Flywheel
new oem throw out bearing
new arp flywheel bolts
new 2JR Fuel Pump
new 2JR 1100cc Injecters
Mishimoto Radiator
Mishimoto Dual Slim Fans
2JR Radiator Hoses
slight bore an hone to clean cylinders for 89.5mm pistons
blue printed/balanced rotating assembly

Turbo Setup:

Turbonetics t3/t4 dual ball bearing/dual cooled turbo
Treadstone manifold
Treadstone 2.5" black hotside intercooler piping
2JR Custom 3" Intake intercooler pipe with maf housing
Tial 38mm wastegate
Tial Q Bov
Crawford Racing Oil Catch Can
Prosport 52mm boost, oil pressure, water temp gauges
AEM Eugo Widban
2JR Uprev tuned
2JR vacuum block
2JR 3" midpipe/catback
High Flow 3" Rez
Custom 3" downpipe heat wrapped
Vibrant gaskets
Treadstone oil feed/drain line kit
NGK 1 step colder spark plugs
Nissport oil adapter
hallman pro boost controller
Greddy turbo timer
AEM dry flow air filter
2JR Turbo Blanket

Is their anything that im forgetting or that i should add. Thanks B15U!!!

***PICS AND PRICES FOR THE BUILD COMING SOON***

·
39,082 Posts
I have never rebuilt my engine, so I don't know about the necessary parts.

But I would like to ask a favour. Can you list the price of the parts as well? That way someone will know the average price of the rebuild.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You need some rods and pistons, I also will be on a low budget build to safely run about 12-15 psi
This is a low budget build hence no pistons or rods. If I had the money id get an 07 crank with forged rods and pistons. I might just get the oem rods short peened if possible.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have never rebuilt my engine, so I don't know about the necessary parts.

But I would like to ask a favour. Can you list the price of the parts as well? That way someone will know the average price of the rebuild.
ABSOLUTELY!!! This build thread will be completely documented from cost to build. ;)

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
This is a low budget build hence no pistons or rods. If I had the money id get an 07 crank with forged rods and pistons. I might just get the oem rods short peened if possible.
Boost isn't very reliable with the oem rods so..

·
39,082 Posts
I am with teeke. You can't really call this a 'reliable' build if you're not going to reinforce the parts that take the most strain.

It will end up being a simple budget boost rebuild.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am with teeke. You can't really call this a 'reliable' build if you're not going to reinforce the parts that take the most strain.

It will end up being a simple budget boost rebuild.
Basically it is lol...... with a few upgraded points that are weaker on the qr... If I had the money id deff do some different rods and pistons but im broke and on a budget....

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The question of reliability is how much boost, which turbo and tune.
All very good questions.

im looking for a quick spool up and as much psi needed for safe, reliable, 300whp-350whp anything more is a plus...
the turbo ill be using is the same 1 a turbonetics t3/t4 dual BB turbo.
It will be tuned on uprev via a reflash tune from Joe At 2J-Racing. Its what im already tuned on.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
If you're gonna use stock rods and want over 300whp..good luck to you, you will need it :lol:

But seriously probably 12psi will get you within that bracket on that turbo so I would suggest get atleast rods and use stock pistons I guess.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you're gonna use stock rods and want over 300whp..good luck to you, you will need it :lol:

But seriously probably 12psi will get you within that bracket on that turbo so I would suggest get atleast rods and use stock pistons I guess.
300whp has been done on stock rods... and has lasted... the weakest point on the qr other then the rods are the poor piston rings/lands, the pistons themselves, bearings and rod bolts..... I plan on upgrading everything besides the pistons and rods because my budget wont allow... Which really sucks... If things change id deff upgrade the rods/pistons.

This is not a journal bearing turbo, its a dual ball bearing turbo.... So I should reach 300whp by 8-9psi.....

·
Registered
941 Posts
Ball bearing or journal will make the same power as long as the compressor and turbine wheels are the same. Most spec v's run such low boost levels that the difference in spool up between a journal and a ball bearing turbo is insignificant.

Reactions: yogi b

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Take ur time and upgrade to forged pistons and rods , u will thank urself for doing this . Let's say u crack a ringland on a stock piston like myself and many others have and then that piece will damage ur valves , and will tear ur turbo to shit . spend the extra $900 that's critical for a boosted application , otherwise I assure u that u will rebuild that engine very soon

·
39,082 Posts
If your budget doesn't allow it now, then save up a little longer and do it right the FIRST time.

You mention that over 300 hp or more than 12psi have been accomplished before. Great. But what about those that have failed?
Don't be one of those that failed just because you rushed your rebuild and took corners.

Think about it this way. Most of the people who pieced their turbo kit together to 'save money' will most likely tell people to just save up and get the kit.
Why? Because it will end up costing you more in the long run.

Reactions: 716Spec-V

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
If your budget doesn't allow it now, then save up a little longer and do it right the FIRST time.

You mention that over 300 hp or more than 12psi have been accomplished before. Great. But what about those that have failed?
Don't be one of those that failed just because you rushed your rebuild and took corners.

Think about it this way. Most of the people who pieced their turbo kit together to 'save money' will most likely tell people to just save up and get the kit.
Why? Because it will end up costing you more in the long run.
This is the truth, we are victims of the turbo kits lol

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
It's all in the tune.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts