A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,

Just got my 2006 Sentra 1.8S Special edition inspected for 90K miles. Since I bought this car used and the previous records are sketchy (and so many SES lights lately), thought better do it thoroughly.

The guy gave me the following things to do (and the costs)
- Transmission Fluid flush, including fluid, ($140)
- * Flush Brake system ($90)
Tire rotation ($25) (Free, if I do both above together)
- * Cooling System Flush ($130)
- BG Fuel Induction Service ($140)
(* - Is there any fluid involved in this? and if yes, how much does it cost. )

It will be great if experts share their thoughts on doing these stuff and the costs involved (if these are fair numbers). The current odometer is 92xxx. I plan to take this car to the grave.

Thank you very much for all comments in advance (and apologies for all questions that may sound stupid).

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
The fuel injection system service is where they remove the fuel line from the fuel rail, take out the fuse for the fuel pump, and hook an aerosol system up to the engine. the engine is then run off of this for a certain amount of time. cleans carbon off the injectors, valves, and the tops of the pistons.

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
I say fix the SES light first. The flushes should be done only if they are dirty, not just because imo.. Change spark plugs and coolant at 100k. BG induction wont hurt. Fix any major/impotrant leaks. Check brakes and tires. your good

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys,

Most likely the light(s) are fixed. I will drive it as usual and see if it comes up again. The front exhaust pipe was completely rotten and now it is replaced, its day and night difference in driving.

The brake fluid is black, that is what he told me and I don't know what color it should be. For other stuff, that is what 90K servicing is recommended in the car manual (so he did not mention if those fluids are dirty), so I am not too sure if he wants to do it just because the manual says so or it 'should be done'. I have not done either of this from 72K, when I got the car, so may be a good idea to do?

I posted this question, because I don't know if all this is necessary or suggested to keep the car running smooth (and not like replace oil at every 3000 miles).

Thanks again folks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts