A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as some of you may know, I'm working on boosting a stock qr20. I'll give a little info on some things first, then tell you my problem. I'm using a basic treadsone kit with turbonetics turbo. (Stepped down to a 50trim for the qr20). I'm using srt4 475cc injectors. Tuning method is safc2. Everything else is same as qr25.
Now for the main issue I'm having at the moment. (It's driving me f n nuts)
I cannot get the damn thing to take an idle relearn. During the idle relearn I have watched fuel trims. Everything is fine until the idle tries to drop below 800rpm. That's when all hell breaks loose. It starts pooring the fuel in until the car finally dies. Fuel trims go way up in the plus side. If I get lucky, last learned spot is just above 800rpm and it will idle ok there. First thing I'm thinking is, there is no NEpoint on the safc2 below 800rpms. The car has no learned fuel trims below that at the moment cause it won't go there. Next thing is, it is my understanding that in order to do an idle bump, the you have to start at factory idle?? (Idle re learn then bump up from there?) If I unplug the primary 02 I can get it to idle just fine around 750ish like it should be. I'm stumped as to what is going on?????? HELP PLEASE

1 - 1 of 1 Posts