no jive

·
Super Moderator
21,695 Posts
@yogi b

it was never about the number of posts,
it was never about who posted,
what it was, was the subject.
6 consecutive posts about an event, with different details, and different information is good
6 consecutive posts about the trials and tribulations of finding a perfect spot to park, to check the oil is a bit much.
6 consecutive posts about your 'build' belongs in a build thread
6 consecutive posts ranting about stupid customers and employees belongs in a rant thread (which there is one)

I am as guilty as anyone else, of posting stupidity, hell, thats how that thread started
posting stupidity in the vein of having fun, IMHO was how that other thread started, basically because jake did not want all the adult stuff in 'his' thread, which appears to have died
the thread was started, and moved to the 'Open Bar' section to keep it away from the areas for people just looking for tech, and away from the 'guests' that seem to populate the how to's

I have not been exclusively on facebook, but have checked here on and off during the day, along with Sounds site.

The thread name was changed because it had turned into a build thread, despite my suggestions that a build thread be started

I dont think multiple posts by a single user is a bad thing, if the material in the post is relative to the ongoing discussion, aka Sound, catching up on days worth of posts, in a short sitting.

I dont think ideas, pictures of cars or mods is a bad thing, but step by step thru an engine swap doesnt belong in that thread.

This site is dying, everyone can see that, but nobody wants to give it up. its slow, error prone, has multiple issues, and non responsive anymore.
but nobody seems to be willing to try to save what can still be saved, and transfer it to another site. every day more and more of the old pictures are gone from the how to's I have what I could save off of those pages, but most of the pics are gone anyway. copyright laws prohibit the copying of entire threads complete with pictures anymore, not to mention how vast the site is at this point

other than the adult thread, most new posts were in the for sale, or want to buy section, with a sprinkling of new info (hungarian, etc) on their projects

if a guest logs on, they dont see that there were 50 new posts in the adult thread, they only see the open areas to non members, which honestly only has a few new posts a week. to them, the site looks dead

the site needs new build threads, new how to's, and new ideas, but it is a dying platform, that was never that popular to begin with, except for a few enthusiasts.

in my brief 59 years, I have learned that sometimes, to make things better, one HAS to be the asshole
I'll wear that title!!

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
6 consecutive posts about the trials and tribulations of finding a perfect spot to park,
to check the oil is a bit much

your 'build' belongs in a build thread

rants on personal topics belong on the rant page

me thinks guidelines that make sense are being laid down
anybody else

Apologies Shanover for accusing you of facebookness
lol

shall we begin

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
on the life of this site
the info loss here
and the photobook change of venue eliminated much of the pictoral info

however
i'm happy to be still here
but it's a doomed site

but we have back up site
thank you Sound

allsentra struggles on
if you try to support that group be persistent
multiple efforts are necessary

both owners have moved on to other cars
and are rarely there

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Glad we worked this out. I almost felt like I had to be the butthole to say something discouraging about the post whoring because pages and pages of paragraphs that dont say anything Im sure turned many people away from even looking into the thread.

In some ways it sucks that time goes by. People move on to newer, bigger, and better things with wheels on them. Im still stuck 2 car generations behind with a 14 year old car. But in heindsight, Im still happy with all that I have and will accomplish.

·
Super Moderator
21,695 Posts
pretty much the only people that looked for it were the ones that post to it. and I agree completely, if you want to ramble on about something, you are free to make a new thread, or add to some existing thread. I know ppl that converted to vq are proud of their car, rightly so, but not everyone wants to know about every rusty bolt, loose screw, chipped plenum, etc. I figured when I changed the thread title, it would deliver a slightly stronger hint than suggesting a build thread, but apparently not, lol. I guess the argument about the throttle spacer kinda capped it off, tho, whole bunch of garbage after I told him several times to go ahead and do it, sheesh. there were something like ten pages of that crap!

On to better, brighter things, ordered a set of the superpro trailing arm bushings last friday, they should be here before the weekend, something to look forward to, in addition to all the other projects I have gathering dust!

On the bright side, weather is warming up, wont be long before its warm enough to paint my bumper cover and get it installed, and then work on a new grille mesh!

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
I thank you for being passive aggressive. We ALL still love each other and would share beers any time.

How in allsentra doing? Guess Im late to that party as well. Never joined that forum but no reason not to.

Dont like the delrin bushings? Noisy? A vaguely remember that conversation lol. Link?

·
Super Moderator
21,695 Posts
I thank you for being passive aggressive. We ALL still love each other and would share beers any time.

How in allsentra doing? Guess Im late to that party as well. Never joined that forum but no reason not to.

Dont like the delrin bushings? Noisy? A vaguely remember that conversation lol. Link?
no issues with them, but they are getting worn, developing a clunk over hard bumps in the rear end, and the only play is in them. I suppose it isnt too bad tho, they have been in there for 6(?) years or so? since they came available anyway, or near enough. I have never pulled or re-lubed them either, so that could contribute.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'm greatful you guys are still around on this forum for me to ask about all my QR25DE stuff as I do my M90 build and brakes. Without all the sum of knowledge here it would have been much more difficult to even think about doing it all.

My Xtrail is 14 years old and I'm not thinking of changing it for a more modern version anytime.
The modern versions have less ground clearance and less room in the back. Though they do have integrated traction control and hill-descent control, the reduced clearance makes them less capable off-road. Even on sand the back bumper catches and rips unless you buy a $1,000 underbody protection plate.

Having an older car does not make it bad. Sometimes the best models are the older ones. One day it will be a classic. Something to cherish.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
I just hate the squeak in the rear but love the stiffness. That sentence can go many ways.. but poly mounts is something I would consider.

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I dont know how allsentra is doing, I have never been able to join, it has an email verification system, but it has never sent me the email no matter what username, password, or email address I try to use
they are useless this way
finally got Jamal , one of the owners and contacted him directly by email

tell'em yogi sent you
[not that that will help]
lol

·
Super Moderator
21,695 Posts
I just hate the squeak in the rear but love the stiffness. That sentence can go many ways.. but poly mounts is something I would consider.
I'll let you know how they work out, I have a full grease tube size container of the bushing grease, I plan on greasing the rest of them on the sr link while I have everything apart as well

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm greatful you guys are still around on this forum for me to ask about all my QR25DE stuff as I do my M90 build and brakes. Without all the sum of knowledge here it would have been much more difficult to even think about doing it all.

My Xtrail is 14 years old and I'm not thinking of changing it for a more modern version anytime.
The modern versions have less ground clearance and less room in the back. Though they do have integrated traction control and hill-descent control, the reduced clearance makes them less capable off-road. Even on sand the back bumper catches and rips unless you buy a $1,000 underbody protection plate.

Having an older car does not make it bad. Sometimes the best models are the older ones. One day it will be a classic. Something to cherish.
i appreciate this site [and the others too]

i have tried masquerading under aimee's name on facebook

still not there,

i'm getting to the point of wishing i could trailer mine, to where i want to play

to much wear and tear on me to drive it more than 90min
[at parade lap speeds]

1 - 20 of 162 Posts