A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to introduce myself into the forum. I used to own a 2000 Nissan Maxima SE that was carefully modified for autocross and daily driving. Sadly it was involved in an accident that left the car totaled. I perform allot of Motorcycle and Automotive work in my spare time so i would like to be as helpful as possible to anyone who might need it. Since i feel that i am a loyal Nissan enthusiast i went ahead and chose to purchase a 2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V as my replacement car. There were many things that the Maxima could not do even after modifications that the Sentra can. It was definitely a larger car and weighed more. But now it is time to begin a new chapter and slowly improve my Sentra to a car that will bring smiles to me for many years to come (It already does). Here is a pic of my ride.

Pic 1: My Old Maxima
Pic 2: My New Sentra
Pic 3: Another Pic of the Sentra

IMG_0780.jpg

IMG_0624.jpg

IMG_0627.jpg

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Welcome man! Nice rides, and very good find with white Spec w/Brembo's.

And I think you will be more than pleased with the Spec, especially since it's potential in the corners and now in the straights has been improved significantly in recent times.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Welcome!

I see you have the brembo breaks! Lucky! Lol.

Good luck with the project man. Im glad you like it. You'll love it more when you start modding.

You should check out the supporting vendors in here. 2j-racing, fi-r, and tdmi garage!

Sent via mobile USPS

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone! Right now i am building a custom fuel line at the tank to repair the hard starting issue that my car has. I figured that the built in check valve in the fuel pump is severely flawed in design so im making a fuel line with a much larger user serviceable check valve that uses all of the existing fittings. Basically snap and go! ever since i bought it i have been going through the car and isolating vibration noises and improving areas where the car lacks engineering. This car has surprised me in so many ways though and has already proved itself to me in the autoX meets that my club throws.

I will definitely keep everyone posted about further updates.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I forgot to update :(

Heres some pics for starters on where we are now.

IMG_6786.jpg

IMG_6788.jpg

So basically I have done new tires.
- I have 2 Nismo rims wrapped in RS3's ... Need 2 more
- 2J rear bar
- Nismo intake
- Nismo header
- Greddy Exhaust

During the winter I will be focusing on bushings this winter and replacing one by one.
I should get my poly motor mounts in a week.

- I will be putting BC coil overs in january
- rebuilding the engine this summer hopefully.

I started the tail end of the auto-x season averaging 8-9th place and with the above mods I took 5th place in my class for the season.

Next season 3rd or better 1st

·
39,045 Posts
Nice racing.

You forgot to black out your plate in the pics though....:ugh: ...lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts