A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always had my eyes on a spec v since the first one I seen roll threw my town a couple years back. I bought my first v (a silver 04) when I found out I was becoming a dad and needed a 4 door lol then like an idiot I traded it for a 99 gst cause it was already turbo and I thought fast ha. Well my friend liked the eclipse and made an offer and I got me another spec and I can't think of any reason id get rid of it. I was kinda picky when looking for one having already owned a nice one and I found my 06 with 80k and knew I wanted it even though I wanted black but the orange has grown own me lol. When I bought the car it was all stock except the nismo wheels and nismo cai. Since then I've blacked the tails. Nismo replica front/rear lip. Carbon fiber hood. Turbonetics t3/t4 turbo and pieced the rest of the kit together. Installed the turbo myself. Had it tuned with safc2 black edition at carma performance in Nashville TN and it put down about 237 whp and 255 wtq. Other than the turbo/fuel it has a 2.5" downpipe to a 3" catless exhaust. Those numbers were with the butterflies still installed (they are now removed) and I believe my afr was about 10.5 on 8 psi. Wasn't the numbers I was hoping for but the feel of the car is very satisfying and the build has just begun. Right now I wanna lower the car then back to performance mods. Any comments/suggestions good or bad throw em at me lol

·
Registered
9,641 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I plan on painting the lips to match and clearing the hood. Only had the car since March and wanted to go parts first so its not too great looking yet lol but yea I thought the same bout the numbers. It was a Dyno dynamics chassis dyno

·
Registered
452 Posts
For lowering, I would recommend BC coilovers. Put mine on about 2 months ago and they make a world of difference, soft enough for a DD but provide much better handling.

I think I saw your spec in a bank parking lot last time I went through Lafayette, btw that eclipse wouldn't be Cody Pryor's would it? He mentioned he had a friend with a spec.

·
Registered
682 Posts
hmm... it'll look great with the painted lip and recleared hood. those numbers are low, but not unheard of. IMO your tune is a bit rich... i had mine at 11.8 tapering it down to 11.5... that'd gain u some ponies.

·
Registered
579 Posts
howd u remove butterflies i thought they made the new bolts for the 06?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The bolts on my butterflies were in there good lol a pain to remove them but it does help spool the turbo IMO. I know cody but he has another friend with a red spec too. Ill have the lips painted to match and hood cleared by the MT Juliet Mega meet in TN. I Also thought the tune was rich...I'm trying to learn about the safc2 so maybe I can mess with the tune...i hear its the easiest thing to tune with...the tuner told me he tuned a spec last year with same setup and numbers ..

·
Registered
9,641 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do...I installed it myself and did the initial setup but none of the tuning with it. The tuner at the shop did that ...I thought if I could learn to use the safc with my wideband maybe I can take a little fuel away to get 11.5 at wot and more power

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Please paint those grills black :cool2:...Like the paint how much did it cost to do the front lip?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I painted the top one black and removed the lower one lol Also lowered on Megan's now..what y'all think noww?
and the lips I rattle can primared painted and cleared myself. Bought the paint Nissan a12 in a can $30 a can took one can each lip lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts