A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2009 Nissan Sentra with 85k miles. Great little vehicle but my wife & I acquired 2 newer cars, so the Sentra has just been parked for about a year in our garage. Before parking it, I never had any problems with it. I just bought a new battery & tires for it, replaced my brake pads/fluid, topped off my coolant… the basics. Starts right up & seems to run great again. However, the moment I turn on the AC, my engine revs and stays that way until I turn off the AC. This wasn’t happening before, but then again, it’s been sitting for a year.

Anyone have thoughts or experience with this? I’m trying to get it on the road by next weekend. I’m gifting it to someone in need, so trying to save money by doing things myself.

Would this spit out a diagnostic code? Was thinking of cleaning out the IAC this weekend with hopes that it’s just a dirty valve intake.

·
Administrator
7,198 Posts
Run it as is, not sure what the refrigerant does when stagnant, but it's a sealed system. I would check the cabin filter. I would also have to look up what the motor should be running at when the ac turns on due to the added electrical load.... test your battery and alt as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts