A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be someone's initial guess on this? Ac was working great then just stopped a couple of summers ago. Last summer I put a new compressor in it(bought other parts for ac but only got that far), had a friend vacuum it down, made sure it stayed there, then went to put refrigerant in it. It took refrigerant for about 10 to 15 seconds when the fans kicked on. That would tell me the pressure switch is working. About 5 to 10 more seconds of adding refrigerant, it stopped taking it and said it was where it needed to be. I pretty much stopped tinkering with it then. Fast forward to this evening I decided to look at it again. Turn the ac on and the fans kick on. The wire going to the compressor is getting 12 volts. I grabbed a can with a hose on it(ac pro style can I had). Pushed the button down for about 5 seconds and it went from low green on the cheap gauge to yellow(alert). Then I let some refrigerant out by pushing the schrader valve in(I know, not supposed to do that into the open air). I let enough out(about 5 seconds worth) to where the fans kicked off. Again, I would think that would tell me the switch is working. With just that information, would anyone have an idea what it could be? It'll take freon until the fans kick on then stop taking it. Compressor gets 12 volts but the clutch will not engage. Could the receiver drier be plugged or evaporator plugged or something worth the condenser or expansion valve? I'm not all to versed on ac anyways. So if anyone could possibly give me a brief explanation of what all is involved that would be great. This isn't necessarily a sentra question(although it is a b15) but I'd like to know maybe the order things work. Like in what order are the components as to how the freon flows? If that makes sense lol.
I hope someone can answer this. Everyone here has been nothing but helpful and really friendly about everything. I apologize for this being long winded but like my other inquiries, that's how I describe things. And maybe I'm 100% wrong in my thinking about this anyways. Thanks in advance if someone can be helpful without rolling their eyes thinking "wow, such a noob! He has no business working on a vehicle" 馃槀

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well a laughing reaction really gets me closer to figuring this out. Thank you. I wish I would have thought of that sooner. Anyone care to suggest something?

Registered
Hi, i had a similar issue with my Sentra 2013, the a/c was stopping on its own , blowing warm air or cooling in and out. I replaced the clutch coil and bearing since it was making grinding noises. But that did not fixed hte problem, i replaced the expansion valve without success. Then i replaced a solenoid valve that its attached to the compressor on the side and its being held by a snap ring. I got it in Amazon for just $17 like 3 years ago. I recovered?extracted the freon then removed the valve, applied 40min of vacuum then charged the system with freon. A/c its very cold ever since !!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts