A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So someone decided to strip out the plug in the transmission so my question is is there any other way to add tranny fluid somewhere else in a manual? I lost some when changing the driver's side axle. The car is for a dirt track so it doesn't have to be perfect thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
5,469 Posts
Nope... well you could fill it by pulling the shift assembly off but you would have no way of verifying the level.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I understand not being able to check it I would probably just add a little by guessing I was going to race it like it is so if I can add a little if feel better I know not to put too much in but it does go into gear a little rough since I changed the axle thank you for you help I've heard from a couple people to use a speed sensor if it has one so thank you for the help

·
Registered
2006 Nissan Sentra Spec V & 2000 Nissan Altima SE
1 Posts
So someone decided to strip out the plug in the transmission so my question is is there any other way to add tranny fluid somewhere else in a manual? I lost some when changing the driver's side axle. The car is for a dirt track so it doesn't have to be perfect thanks in advance.
The easiest on these cars is probably to just remove the vehicle speed sensor and pour it in there. Its one fastener and on top of the trans, just be mindful about the amount of fluid you have in there since its easy to overfill if you're not able to use the fill plug. One a side note, if you change fluid - I went to redline fluid and my shifting and engagement is a lot nicer than when my transmission had the old/original conventional gear oil in it. If I were you I would pull the drain plug to do a full fluid drain and change...that way you can add the correct amount back as well as get better fluid in there since you run the vehicle hard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts