A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figure i'll post this info for the 3 people that still use this forum.
As most are aware, I made the switch from Megasquirt to AEM infinity and have had a lot of success with it so far.
Really the only thing NEEDED for it to work is to modify the crank and cam triggers

The crank trigger needs to change from the factory 36-2-2 signal to a 36-2
What this means is you'll need to cut 2 notches in one of the missing tooth windows on the signal plate.
This can easily be achieved with a caliper, a dremel with a cutoff wheel, and a steady hand.
Doesn't NEED to be perfect but you should be able to get it pretty damn close. (closer the better)
I was able to get mine within a couple thousandths of an inch so you can't even tell it was done.
AEM has missing/extra tooth settings that should be able to cancel things out if there's a slight variation

The cam trigger needs to be converted to a single tooth pattern.
Basically just grind away ALMOST the entire trigger wheel leaving a single lug poking out. (see picture)
You'll notice the OEM trigger has cutouts that correspond to each cylinder.
I opted to use the cyl 1 cutout as my "falling edge" signal
AEM looks for a falling edge for its trigger (which means the pulse from material suddenly disappearing from the sensor)
Really doesn't matter WHERE the single lug is, as you can sync the cam a full 720 degrees. You'll just need to spend time figuring out where that sync is to get the timing dialed in.

Cam Trigger Final.jpg

I asked AEM about offering our factory trigger pattern, but they replied saying they would need an order of 10 units or so for it to be worth it.

Beyond that, I'm able to use the factory throttlebody, factory pedal, cam timing, sensors, etc.
Infinity allows among the best engine control on the market. Full boost control, traction control (spark, fuel and dbw options), 2step, 3step, rolling antilag, true flex fuel capability, flatshifting, the list goes on.

As far as wiring goes... way too much to explain so you're on your own lmao
All I can say is there's nothing "sentra specific" about this wiring. All the info is out there, just have to put in the research.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well now there is officially 4 guys on this blog! Maybe the only thread I seen with a b15 with AEM Infinity though!! I am exploring some options with fuel management for my spec and was told to go with the version 5, 506. Looking at Boomslang for a harness. They only had a harness for the 7 series but was gonna call to see if they could make one for the 5 series. Any advice? Other options?

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well now there is officially 4 guys on this blog! Maybe the only thread I seen with a b15 with AEM Infinity though!! I am exploring some options with fuel management for my spec and was told to go with the version 5, 506. Looking at Boomslang for a harness. They only had a harness for the 7 series but was gonna call to see if they could make one for the 5 series. Any advice? Other options?
I was unaware Boomslang even offered a harness for the Infinity.
This writeup is a year old now so it's quite possible that AEM now offers the factory trigger pattern. Rumor has it that the factory triggers are available for their EMS-4 module so I could see them crossing it over to other ECU's.
Boomslang would likely be able to make one for the Series 5 ecu if requested. There's really nothing different between the two except the pin-out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts