A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
heres the koyo radiator if u havent youtubed it.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I have a Mishimoto and i agree with frozenbarb about the radiator cap. I added a fiber was her to the cap and the problem is gone. I have use mishimoto before for another car and stand behind the product, however the neck lacks design. other than that it fits very nicely. i can submit a pic about how i modified the cap without voiding the warranty. Also another member told me if you use the Nismo cap it also gets rid of the problem....

- The stock fans also fit well. its a tight fit but once the rad is in it fits and looks very nice. The slim fans from mishimoto make for a much cleaner look but for my purposes the stock fans are great. Runs nice and cool.
Let us no how to fix this! i'm not sure if it's my cap because even if I take my cap off, I dont see coolant coming from into the radiator. It's like the whole neck is to high.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
MisterNuts was kind enough to show me this thread which includes a fix to Mishimotos Radiator problem, a while back LOL, Had just forgotten to post about it.

Well after various emails including pictures to Mishimoto, they sent out 3 new radiator caps under warranty to try to fix the problem; my upper and lower hose would collapse and the coolant in the overflow tank would not move up or down. Even with each new cap the problem would persist. Then I contacted MisterNuts which I had read somewhere he had the same problem as me who PM'd me a link to this thread, But who would of thought that placing a fiber washer in the cap would fix the problem.

Well Thanks to fchavez09 for providing the fix, and to MisterNuts for helping me out also!

This should be stickied or made into a thread providing the fix, great stuff. :D

·
Registered
138 Posts
2k2SpecV,

Thanks for your post. If you want some of those washers let me know. it seems that Mishimoto doesn't get it...

·
Registered
586 Posts

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I'm about to do the cap washer fix @fchavez09 , but I want to use the stock cap. How's it holding up, anyone?

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
@zeno I've been using the washer fix for a couple of years now, haven't had any issues. But I don't see why you'd need this for the stock cap, it should work fine.
Looks like it worked. Thanks. Awesome idea, fchavez09.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Just need the fiber washer. I have the radiator and fans
I found mine at Ace Hardware, in the plumbing section. Just bring your rad cap and see which one fits.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts