A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

Aftermarket radiator install

16K views 45 replies 17 participants last post by  352dave 
#1 ·
im thinking about getting a new radiator.is there any difference in installing a koyo or mishimoto? do i need slim fans?
anyone got any links were i can pick one up?

#7 ·
I have a Mishimoto and i agree with frozenbarb about the radiator cap. I added a fiber was her to the cap and the problem is gone. I have use mishimoto before for another car and stand behind the product, however the neck lacks design. other than that it fits very nicely. i can submit a pic about how i modified the cap without voiding the warranty. Also another member told me if you use the Nismo cap it also gets rid of the problem....

- The stock fans also fit well. its a tight fit but once the rad is in it fits and looks very nice. The slim fans from mishimoto make for a much cleaner look but for my purposes the stock fans are great. Runs nice and cool.

#17 ·
i have koyo and i like it. it looks very clean as well.

#22 ·
heres the koyo radiator if u havent youtubed it.

#26 · (Edited)
MisterNuts was kind enough to show me this thread which includes a fix to Mishimotos Radiator problem, a while back LOL, Had just forgotten to post about it.

Well after various emails including pictures to Mishimoto, they sent out 3 new radiator caps under warranty to try to fix the problem; my upper and lower hose would collapse and the coolant in the overflow tank would not move up or down. Even with each new cap the problem would persist. Then I contacted MisterNuts which I had read somewhere he had the same problem as me who PM'd me a link to this thread, But who would of thought that placing a fiber washer in the cap would fix the problem.

Well Thanks to fchavez09 for providing the fix, and to MisterNuts for helping me out also!

This should be stickied or made into a thread providing the fix, great stuff. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.