A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kit without belt will be $259.99. With belt will be $274.99. Reason I will be offering without belt is for those of you with a PS delete, you will have to find your own belt haha.

Before it gets asked; yes, this means you can run a 3" downpipe without touching the alternator if you have a turbo and a treadstone style manifold.

Yes, you can now run the downpipe out the fender if you really want to haha

The final kit will come with lots of extra washers, in case for some reason, you need to shim stuff, but from my measuring and test fitting, this really should not be needed unless you have something out of line. Better safe than sorry.

The idler pulley will be ribbed (summit sent me the wrong one, but it still worked for test fitting). To keep the cost and manufacturing time down (I make everything in house), the pulley will have a spacer from the bracket out to the pulley instead of it being one piece. Doing this reduces machining time by about 3 hours, and the cost of aluminum stock by $40, so you get those savings. It takes me 4-5 hours to make each kit, so basically one a day, So I need to save all the time I can.

I just got another mill that I have to do some upgrades to, so these would start to ship out in ~2-3 weeks, I cannot make the larger lower bracket on my old mill.

If you would like to pre-order, I will be doing $15 off those orders. I can email you an invoice through my website, or I can send you a paypal invoice. Just DM me telling me what option you would like with your email address and I will get the ball rolling.

Pictured is the final prototype test fit I had done today, with a pulley installed and everything in place. Pardon all the washers holding the alternator to the bracket, I ran out of the material needed to make the bracket the right thickness, but needed something stronger than plastic to hold the alternator up for the belt test.

The alternator wires run on the inside track of the belt, when secured correctly they wont have any issues with rubbing. The kit will include a few zip ties.

I will be making a LS alternator kit soon, I will be making sure it is compatible with this relocation kit.

Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Coil Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Light Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior

·
Administrator
6,922 Posts
What are we looking at for those just getting the ls bracket when they become available?

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Will the belt in ur kit work for someone that has a light weight ps pulley?

Sent from my SM-A115AP using Tapatalk

• Wow
Reactions: CrickiKaze

·
Administrator
6,922 Posts
Will the belt in ur kit work for someone that has a light weight ps pulley?

Sent from my SM-A115AP using Tapatalk
Shit...I forgot about my 2J PS pulley...should be a easy fix though as all we need to do is find the difference between the oem and the one for the ps pulley mod and add to the FR pulley.

I'm going to take a look.

·
Administrator
6,922 Posts
OK...stock length is 88.5" and the belt offered by 2J is 89.5" so a 1" difference, as long as the last three digits are associated with the belt length one would just need to add one to the middle digit (xxxx885 to xxxx895).

Reactions: Kazspec04

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What is the over-all diameter of the 2j pulley? I can extend the bracket out a little bit more to accommodate its just going to mean I have to add some sort of structure to it, which means more machining time.

·
Administrator
6,922 Posts
Easier if we as the consumer just adjust with a different belt for those that have said pulley, not sure if I'm speaking for myself but I feel that is better.

Will need to adjust my order with no belt and all I will need is the planned part number you are using.

This means nothing to me once I S/C and I will have to figure out the belts to run with what ever pulley.

·
Administrator
6,922 Posts
The pulleys are very close together lol they may not fit. Thats why I am asking.
???
I don't understand how the clearance between the tensioner, your idler and the PS pulley is affected when teh ps is on the other side of the mount/motor...there hasn't been clearance issues with the ps pulley and the tensioner....am I missing something???

·
Registered
04 spec v
108 Posts
That motor mount sucks. It's right in the way.
From the pictures it looks to me as the placement of the new idler pully has been mapped out well. I agree with letting the end user change out to a different belt if needed.

Other wise you end up with alot more work as you know or you have to offer 2 or 3 different belts. And that just is a pain in itself.

I'd just put the kit as is and add a note to make you feel better about your product saying if other than stock pully you need a different belt.

I'm also going to be in for a kit but Christmas is a killer for me. I'll be hitting you up in March April.

·
Administrator
6,922 Posts
That motor mount sucks. It's right in the way.
From the pictures it looks to me as the placement of the new idler pully has been mapped out well. I agree with letting the end user change out to a different belt if needed.

Other wise you end up with alot more work as you know or you have to offer 2 or 3 different belts. And that just is a pain in itself.

I'd just put the kit as is and add a note to make you feel better about your product saying if other than stock pully you need a different belt.

I'm also going to be in for a kit but Christmas is a killer for me. I'll be hitting you up in March April.
PayPal credit is a thing....

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Extending the pre-order to the 31st. My metal supplier is backed up. Shocking. If you can, refer people from other sentra pages to here. If I don't sell a lot of these, I'm not sure if I will be offering them for sale after this batch.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts