A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was not sure where to put this so I am putting it here. I just finished making a LS alternator swap kit for the MR16DDT. Because the mounting on a LS alternator is so easy compared to that of a qr, I am going to make the relocation kit for the QR as a LS upgrade. I just got through dealing with two separate covid lock downs and having hand, foot, mouth disease (that was FUN), so I am behind, but I am starting to catch up. @Tritton that means youll finally get that short throw!! lol

I should have the QR out of the car at some point this week, next weekend at the latest, have to get the block to CSS before the year ends.

Photo of the LS on the MR engine.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gear Bicycle part Metalworking

Attachments

·
Administrator
6,779 Posts
Whats the specs on the alt.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
dont need to make one. Just cut the water pump fins off, buy a electric water pump, remove the thermostats, get a pwm system for the water pump, presto, electric water pump.

$500 for the water pump kit and fittings.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah you could just retrofit an electric pump impellar to the OEM housing.
that would be insane expensive and REQUIRE you to relocate the alternator due to the belt having to avoid the electric motor that would now be protruding from the side of the engine. A good kit would retain the ability to run all OEM pulleys and still function. the cost would be from having to make an aluminum housing that both fit the OEM hole perfectly and custom making a impeller that fits perfectly as well. This is why 99% of all electric water pump conversions are done using just in-line and deleting the oem one.

·
Administrator
6,779 Posts
I have a pulley with bolt laying in the garage that I was going to use for an idler with the alt relocated but I was hoping the sc gets installed around the same time but looks like that won't happen right now.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Yeah, in line would be good too, not sure exactly where you would put it though. Not really familiar with the form factor of the electric ones. Right now I only have crankshaft, alternator, and water pump pulleys (plus an idler in the A/C location). I deleted the tensioner pulley and welded up a bracket with a spherical tension rod for tensioning the belt on the alternator. Would be nice to move the alternator down though.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts