A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've read about how to machine an adapter to get the Altima plenum onto the Spec-v. I've also read how there are 5 vacuum lines on the Spec-v and only 3 vacuum ports on the Altima plenum. How did y'all get around this? If there are any other tips for installation please let me know, the instruction thread for the plenum install got deleted.

Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe install a t inline on a vacuum line?
I suppose that would work? I read that someone put a "Y" coupling on two of the lines to make them fit the 3 ports. I also don't really know how vacuum lines work lol.

I noticed you have the b16 plenum, were the vacuum lines direct fit to the Spec-v?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I mean a vacuum is a vacuum. Doesn’t really matter how “direct” they are. If it’s a vacuum, that’s that

·
Registered
79 Posts
But yeah it was all a pretty stock plug in. You’ll see it’s all pretty common sense. Mine is in a B13 so its a bit different. I had to downsize the third vacuum port for my fuel pressure regulator. Your third port will probably go to your purge valve which will just get bolted to the firewall. But as long as your PCV and brake booster are hooked up you should be good I think.

·
Super Moderator
5,907 Posts
I would have sworn there was the vacuum ports on the 1st gen plenum, 1 for pcv, 1 for the brake booster and another for the evap purge valve abs that's it... or am I missing something...I only use 2 of the three ports when I use both Altima and Spec V plenum.

I almost fell as though one of the vacuum lines had to get reduced further... evap maybe...I don't remember as I didn't use any guides.

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
I remember only 3 as well. Thread got deleted??

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yep only 3 ports on mine. 1 I used for the fuel pressure regulator, or else I wouldn’t have used it at all. I don’t think there would be 2 extra on the 1st gen.

·
Super Moderator
5,907 Posts
Why I'm bs'in, I need to get a vacuum block...

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Yeah I got one a while ago. the small things hat matter.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep only 3 ports on mine. 1 I used for the fuel pressure regulator, or else I wouldn’t have used it at all. I don’t think there would be 2 extra on the 1st gen.
I got a closer look at my intake and found the 4th and 5th vacuum lines I was talking about. One of them goes from the intake manifold to the vacuum reservoir. The other goes from the vacuum reservoir solenoid valve to the butterfly valves. I'm just going to cap off the one that goes to the butterfly valves since there won't be a need for them anymore. Can I just "T" in the other vacuum line into the brake booster line? I attached a diagram for better understanding:
Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 1.28.17 AM.png

Main question is: Since there isn't a port for the vacuum reservoir line on the next-gen QR engine, can I just "T" it into one of the other vacuum lines that goes into the intake manifold?

·
Super Moderator
5,907 Posts
I'm going to answer this with question(s) without being condescending but a may seem like it....

If that part of the vacuum system is no longer being used and no vacuum is going to the part .... nevermind....

Plug the sensor back into the harness once removed from the assembly, that is it, you don't need to cap anything or T anything dealing with that vacuum system component as it is yeah now and should not be used or transferred.

The only items that you need to do anything with for vacuum is the PCV, EVAP and brake booster....

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Crickikaze is correct, I just deleted mine all together. If you have Uprev you can delete the code so you don't have the CEL, but if you have to run emissions it WILL come back as a tamper. It's really nice not having all that extra crud back there.

·
Registered
79 Posts
On my old spec, I plugged my
Sensor in and bolted it to the firewall where there is a black plastic plug threaded for a m8 bolt. Just to keep the check engine light off. On my NX I have Uprev so I completely took it out and made it so It doesn’t detect the code, along with like 17 other codes lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts