A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, started on some testing and development for the VC 2.0 Turbo engine...and oh lord...the starting point is just....not good...

Shit loses 27% of its torque from peak to redline and needs 22psi to go anywhere...

CVT Only.
CVT dyno graphs look like shit, so I took the dataset and made an easier to look at graph, both posted here.
Also, CVT has to be dynoed based on time, not RPM, thus the weird numbers on the x axis.

wtf is with these car companies putting these overly small turbos in these cars...they drive like shit!

Video on full dataset coming soon.

Rectangle Slope Plot Font Line
Rectangle Slope Font Line Plot

·
Registered
118 Posts
These 2.0 turbo engines have gobs of torque down low, which is where it will likely see 90% of its use. They can feel peppier than a larger V6 when driving around town and usually put out better 0-60 numbers and supposedly MPG. But, they are not as linear in powerband as a larger V6 and I think the larger NA engine is more rewarding to rev out because of this.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Came up with an intercooler set up for it today. 60 in^3 more volume than stock. Ordered up what I need to make the actual production version, but heres how it will look;

Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle Grille

Vehicle Grille Car Automotive lighting Hood

1 - 11 of 11 Posts